dukwhunter

Superantispyware Compatability !

Hi Guys,

Been using Superantispyware FREE (with realtime protection off) with Kaspersky Internet Security 7 for about a year now and KIS subscription is about to expire in couple of months . KIS 7 has worked great just tired of paying for security programs . :0(

I've been thinking about trying to go with some free programs , this time around.

Can anyone tell me if these (3) programs work well together ?

AVG AntiVirus Free

Superantispyware Free

Comodo Firewall Free

Dell Dimension E521 desktop

Windows Vista Home Premium

160GB harddrive

2GB RAM

Thanks for any input on this matter.

regards

JOEY

The only conflicts I've seen were caused by other security products and not from SAS.

Why not try the combination and see how it works out? You could use SAS's free trial of the Pro version.

I think i will try the combo of

AVG Free (don't really care for Avast or AntiVir)

Superantispyware Free

Comodo Personal Firewall Pro Free

Just was wondering if anyone else on the forum has used this combo on Vista and how is it working out ?

Thanks

Joey

On Vista premium

I use AVG Free

Superantispyware Pro (i find on Vista Superantispyware Pro is a bit funky -it will not work on the limited user side but when version 4 comes out it should fix this.

I am using Windows Firewall since it is more advanced in vista and you can set outs and ins.

Oh and Windows Defender works fine with Superantispyware. Just make if you decide to purchase Pro- you set the scheduling for WD, AVG and Superantispyware Pro to run at different times so they do not conflict with each other while doing a scan.

robin

I think i will try the combo of

AVG Free (don't really care for Avast or AntiVir)

Superantispyware Free

Comodo Personal Firewall Pro Free

Just was wondering if anyone else on the forum has used this combo on Vista and how is it working out ?

Thanks

Joey

I was trying Comodo on Vista and all was great until windows update. The defence+ messed with the installation of the updates and everytime the computer was restarted and the 'configuring updates' message appeared on start-up, it would do a reboot and all the update installations failed.

I tried turning off the defence+ and still had problems so I uninstalled Comodo, (one of those nights when I didn't have time to play around with things), just to get the updates in.

I was going to try it again, taking the option to disable the defence+ during the installation process and see how it went a second time round but on my travels came accross this little app., Vista Firewall Control and read some good reviews about it, so I thought I would give it a go first.

http://www.sphinx-soft.com/Vista/order.html

It's not a standalone firewall, it integartes with the Vista Firewall and the security centre.

It's not glossy and the free version gives very basic application control, but I have done a few leak tests on it and they got blocked until I decided what to do. I had thrown these same tests at the Vista Firewall before installing this and, well, they leaked basically.

I only have it on a few days so too early to draw a conclusion but think I will try it out for week or so as it is using hardly any resources.

I think the Vista Firewall could be great if you know how to create firewall rules, I have looked through the Advanced interface and decided it was a bit 'out of my league' :lol: