jole60

Definitions/Database Update Problem

During the past two weeks I've been unable to update definitions by either automatic check for updates or manual download of the database. Although I have provided Trusted and Internet Zone access to SUPERAntiSpyware, review of ZoneAlarm alert logs indicates that all outgoing connections from SUPERantiSpyware to any destination are blocked. If I first shut down ZoneAlarm, however, the automatic update function works just fine. Multiple scans involving various antispyware products yield negative findings.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

During the past two weeks I've been unable to update definitions by either automatic check for updates or manual download of the database. Although I have provided Trusted and Internet Zone access to SUPERAntiSpyware, review of ZoneAlarm alert logs indicates that all outgoing connections from SUPERantiSpyware to any destination are blocked. If I first shut down ZoneAlarm, however, the automatic update function works just fine. Multiple scans involving various antispyware products yield negative findings.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Remove the trusted items and reinsert them in ZoneAlarm, make sure to trust SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE and SAUPDATE.EXE

Your suggestion to remove both files from ZoneAlarm and add them back in with trusted access did not resolve the issue. I still can only update by first shutting down the firewall. Also, what would prevent the manual download from working? Doesn't this bypass the firewall blocking?

Again, thanks for the assistance.

Your suggestion to remove both files from ZoneAlarm and add them back in with trusted access did not resolve the issue. I still can only update by first shutting down the firewall. Also, what would prevent the manual download from working? Doesn't this bypass the firewall blocking?

Again, thanks for the assistance.

Your firewall has to be blocking it, if you exit and then they are allowed.