barrie

loaded question

Hi Nick,

I realise this is a loaded question, but have been running SASS for a little while now and bar the detection tests I have run it has found absolutely nothing. :) I keep my system fully updated in all respects OS, AV etc, and expect this type of result. :wink:

So my question is how is SASS different from and what benefits would I have running it over other top vendors antispywear products such as Xoftspy, ST, Ad-Aware etc.

I feel I can ask this because looking through other forums you always give an unbiased and informative answer.

Regards

Barrie

Hi zip,

Thank you for your reply, and software comparisons that you have personally found.

My system is protected by APSS,SB,SG and as you I am and have been malware/Spyware free for many years. 8)

So is it more beneficial to buy a SAS Pro license or just run the freeware?

Regards

Barrie

Hi Nick,

I realise this is a loaded question, but have been running SASS for a little while now and bar the detection tests I have run it has found absolutely nothing. :) I keep my system fully updated in all respects OS, AV etc, and expect this type of result. :wink:

So my question is how is SASS different from and what benefits would I have running it over other top vendors antispywear products such as Xoftspy, ST, Ad-Aware etc.

I feel I can ask this because looking through other forums you always give an unbiased and informative answer.

Regards

Barrie

Thanks for stopping by our forums. The bottom line with the anti-spyware "game" is that multiple layers of protection are necessary as no company can catch everything on a given day. There are thousands of new infections every week and no single company can create definitions for all of them, or even receive all of them to process.

SUPERAntiSpyware is designed to co-exist with other applications and our real-time won't interfere with other products real-time protection.

Hi Nick,

as no company can catch everything on a given day.

Thank you it is refreshing to hear this sort of comment and not the usual are product can do everything better than any other.

SUPERAntiSpyware is designed to co-exist with other applications and our real-time won't interfere with other products real-time protection.

Running two real time guards has always bothered me, but as my AV and SAS are not duplicating file checking (IE both trying to check the same file at the same time) conflicts should not happen.

Is this what you are saying?

Regards

Barrie

Hi Nick,
as no company can catch everything on a given day.

Thank you it is refreshing to hear this sort of comment and not the usual are product can do everything better than any other.

Running two real time guards has always bothered me, but as my AV and SAS are not duplicating file checking (IE both trying to check the same file at the same time) conflicts should not happen.

Is this what you are saying?

Regards

Barrie

You really can't run two "suites" (i.e. Norton, McAfee) as the hook so many things in the system - we designed SUPERAntiSpyware to work with these applications, knowning that a single application will never be "enough" to catch everything.

You really can't run two "suites"

I would not dream of running my security set up this way, it just invites possible disasters. :cry: I was only referring to my AV guard and SAS`s real time guard. :wink:

When I update SAS tomorrow I will take up the special offer on the Pro version, thank you again for your prompt answers.

Wishing all at SUPERAntiSpyware a great New Year. :D

Regards

Barrie