acr1965

Vista UAC warning when SAS Pro starts

I have Vista 32 and SAS Pro 3.9. I want SAS to start when Windows starts but I always get the UAC warning everytime. It is nothing tremendously bad but just annoying. Is there some way for UAC not to warn when SAS starts? Does version 4.0 get around the UAC warning?

I have Vista 32 and SAS Pro 3.9. I want SAS to start when Windows starts but I always get the UAC warning everytime. It is nothing tremendously bad but just annoying. Is there some way for UAC not to warn when SAS starts? Does version 4.0 get around the UAC warning?

Is this under an admin or limited user account?

admin account. I was previously running the free SAS and the UAC warning would pop up when I started SAS. I then entered my license code for the Pro version and had the settings to start with Windows. But when Windows starts I get the uac warning. I also still get the uac by starting SAS Pro manually.

I have tried it with and without the splash screen but get the uac warning either way.

I always got this message too (as administrator or limited user - it makes no difference), and asked the same question as you on this forum a long time ago ... and never got an answer.

So I've just disabled UAC - now no more warning message when SAS starts.

But I wish the forum gurus would explain how this message can be avoided without having to disable UAC. I can only guess that there's no answer and if you've got UAC turned on, you have to approve the running of SAS each and every time SAS starts. Damn annoying if you ask me.

Oliver