windstrings

How do you manage "manage allowed items?"

I hit the button and theres nothing in it.... I don't see how to add anything to it either? There is no "add" button?

I see in the "excluded" box where to put things that I don't want scanned when I scan.. but how do I add things I don't want to get scanned by the real time scanner?

I hit the button and theres nothing in it.... I don't see how to add anything to it either? There is no "add" button?

I see in the "excluded" box where to put things that I don't want scanned when I scan.. but how do I add things I don't want to get scanned by the real time scanner?

You add items when they are detected, there is a button to trust/allow.

Ah..ok that makes sense... is there a way to purposely tell SAS not so scan something realtime... not so much for problems with spyware detection, but more for compatibility issues, such as not scanning other spyware or antivirus systems that attempt to scan a file at the same time SAS tries to scan thus slowing down things unnecessarily.

Ah..ok that makes sense... is there a way to purposely tell SAS not so scan something realtime... not so much for problems with spyware detection, but more for compatibility issues, such as not scanning other spyware or antivirus systems that attempt to scan a file at the same time SAS tries to scan thus slowing down things unnecessarily.

We don't have that feature, we may add it in the future, but the way our real-time engine works it really does not cause those types of conflicts.

You may be right.. every since I told my AV "nod32" to stop scanning SAS.. everything is fine... I have no way of knowing if SAS scans not only the file the same time nod scans it but also if it scans "nod" while it scans that file....

if so, it seems it would free up even more to have it ignore nod32.

But like you say, that may not be necessary.