somnomania

Huge difference in runtime between two computers

I'm mostly just curious about why this is. When I run SAS on my laptop (quick scan, high boost), it's through in about a minute and a half, sometimes less. When my mom runs it on her laptop, with the exact same settings, it takes >30 minutes to finish. Her hard drive is a fraction of the size of mine, too! Why is it like this, does anyone know?

Can you please send me an email at support@superantispyware.com

I can look into this further.

Good Afternoon

Please can I jump in onto the end of this topic as I am also experiencing similar problems.

I have two computers - a desktop with 1000GB HDD and a Laptop with 500GB HDD.  The desktop is unbranded and the laptop is a Lenovo Think Pad.  Both run Windows 10 20H2 with the desktop Home and the Laptop Pro. Desktop has SAS Pro installed and the Laptop is SAS Free.

On manual scanning with both,  the desktop usually completes a Full Scan in around 17 minutes but the laptop takes over twice that time. I do this on a fortnightly basis and the same thing happens every time.

The figures for the latest scans on 16.7.21 are shown below.

The 'files' section is where the delays appear to occur as the program on the laptop seems to keep re-scanning the file names/numbers several times for the same one before moving on to a different one and a different cumulative number.

All the general settings on SAS for both computers are the same.

Can any one tell me why this happens and if there is any way to resolve it and get the scan time for the laptop nearer to that of the desktop?

Regards,

Roy.

2021-07-17 14_38_34-Greenshot.jpg

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 07-16-2021 - 15-51-46.log

On 7/24/2021 at 6:08 AM, sammyseal said:

Any suggestions ?  -  anyone ??

Can you please send me an email at support@superantispyware.com This is an issue that we are actively investigating.