Laz

HALTS on MKEEPER.EXE plus WINDOWS ERROR

Posted (edited)

SAS Operation has been excellent until recently.  Since about 1 month ago the scanning stops and a Windows error pops up: "Windows No Disc"  "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 unexpected parameters"

Each time, the scanning stops on the same file, namely C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\MKeeperStat\mkeeper.exe   At this time there have been 76000 total items scanned, with 9600 files scanned.

Pressing  Continue re-starts the scan and it finishes without showing any suspicious files found.  Pressing "Try Again" keeps accessing my A:\ drive which is a 3.5" floppy.  Each "try again" results in the floppy light coming on and starting up (no disk in the drive).  So, I put a disk in A:\ and pressed "try again".  This time the scan continued with no other errors or problems.  So, something about mkeeper.exe and my floppy drive A:\ is causing difficulty, even though there does not appear tgo be any file or subdirectory with "mkeeper.exe" in it. There is no directory called MKeeperStat.  There is no MKeeper.exe installed in the Windows Program List.  Other spyware programs do not generate this Windows exception, and do not pick up mkeeper.exe.  SAS scan logs show all clean scans, no problems or exceptions.

Google searches reveal that mkeeper.exe is spyware and should be removed.

Lately, the downloading of the current spyware database fails, and I have to use the force_update program to do a successful download.  Tech support suggests running the program in safe mode, but nothing different happens. 

What does this Windows No Disc error mean?  SAS is set to scan C:\ only, which it does with this one exception.

What is the fix for this weird issue?

Thanks!

Laz

Edited by Laz
Added information about floppy drive access

I'm having the same nightmare...

But I can't even get on my windows desktop without it being connected to the internet. 

It's a Chinese Trojan 

This is the original information I found on it, and the guy that was asking for help on another forum just got mocked. Really messed up, when you ask for help and nothing works and ppl can't even take someone seriously...

Screenshot_20210924-001344_Chrome.jpg

Found this solution:

windows 10: "mkeeper.exe"

Cliquot accepted in Last updated: 2020-08-23 12:30

Yesterday I recognized a file that wasn't seen before the name "mkeeper.exe". Bad news?

Also, there was "MKeeperStat" in the string. Does anyone know?

Reply list (answer: 2)

1 #
Dave M12 2020-01-06 21:36

Hi
Crycourt Yes, mkeeper.exe is malware, not a refined executable ....
Run Scan with the free version of MalwareBytes to see if it detects and removes mkeeper.exe Must ...
Malwarebytes

Skip to response 1 # ->
2 #
Cliquot 2020-01-06 22:46

Thank you for your quick reply

As my antivirus application (Beta compatible), I install "SuperAnt Ispyware" to support AntimalWare and Malwarebytes, both of which are "Pro" subscriptions. There is also Windows Defender, which is also available for random manual scans. Ccleaner is my maintenance preference
There is also a Pro subscription. I was scanned by all programs and couldn't find the file in question. Make sure which program removed the malware so it wasn't offered. you can not be in. I will rescue my priority suite of resources
from the administrator profile.

I researched this malware and found this information:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Links: Maketa
malware file Mkeeper.Exe
Mkeeper.Exe

adware.gorillaprice / variant
GorillaPrice Adware variant SuperAntISpyware
safely removes MKEEPER.EXE (Adware.gorillaPrice / Variant) and cleans your computer with spyware, malware, ransomware, adware, root kits, worms, Trojan horses, key loggers. If the
file turns out to be harmful after scanning mkeeper.exe using SuperAntIspyware, you need to use SuperAntISpyware to remove the file MKEEPER.EXE from your system immediately. The
country and region information
file mkeeper.exe was seen on March 24, 2018, and finally on March 24, 2018. It was Wings 1submitted for analysis from the Follo geographic location . ..

The United States

file mkeeper.exe (adware.gorillaprice / variant) has also been observed as the following file name:

Has an MD5 hash of mkeeper.exe: A54Eae2B60628D81F404DDEDEF3A1C20
file mkeeper.exe was observed with the following file sizes.

799,232 bytes
Return to the date this file was detected. Return to today's list of malware.

Link: Contact

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thanks again for your advice.

© System wiki All Rights Reserved.