david banner

Several instance of ssstar.scr running?

I have several instances of ssstars.scr running in task manager? I have changed to a different screensaver but theystill run. Could it be the worm win32 IRC bot, or other worm? All scans are clean and definitions up to date

I have several instances of ssstars.scr running in task manager? I have changed to a different screensaver but theystill run. Could it be the worm win32 IRC bot, or other worm? All scans are clean and definitions up to date

Submit the sample to samples AT superantispyware.com and we can check it out.

How do I do that. All I have is the process running in task manager. I actually moved it fro windows\system32\ but it still appears

How do I do that. All I have is the process running in task manager. I actually moved it fro windows\system32\ but it still appears

If you moved it, then you have access to the file, simple e-mail directly to samples AT superantispyware.com

If you moved it, then you have access to the file, simple e-mail directly to samples AT superantispyware.com

OK

Hi

Any news?

Have not received the sample as of yet. If you ran it through VirusTotal, I am sure it's not a virus.

you did not get sample i sent you? bannerthehulk@yahoo.com in case your spam filter blocked me

Anyway clean from virus total, so what could it be

No spam filter on that address. It's likley just a screen saver you have or had at one point.

Hi

Any news?

Have not received the sample as of yet. If you ran it through VirusTotal, I am sure it's not a virus.

you did not get sample i sent you? bannerthehulk@yahoo.com in case your spam filter blocked me

No spam filter on that address. It's likley just a screen saver you have or had at one point.

I sent it at the time on post 10 above 'gone for sure' that is cos i sent to wrong address first and it came back undelivered. sent it to sample at antisyware instead of at superantispyware

I did have that screen saver but it is a nuisance as it makes the task manager more difficult, have to

scroll for miles now!

Hi

Any news?

I sent it at the time on post 10 above 'gone for sure' that is cos i sent to wrong address first and it came back undelivered. sent it to sample at antisyware instead of at superantispyware

I did have that screen saver but it is a nuisance as it makes the task manager more difficult, have to

scroll for miles now!

The proper address is samples AT superantispyware.com not "sample" :)

Hi

Any news?

I did have that screen saver but it is a nuisance as it makes the task

more difficult, have to

scroll for miles now!

The proper address is samples AT superantispyware.com not "sample" :)

oops, sorry will send tomorrow. are you in UK i am in ireland and it is 12.30 am. Thanks for all your help,much appreciated

I did send to correct address last night as got this today. How to package as zip?

samples@superantispyware.com

This message has been rejected because it has

a potentially executable attachment "ssstars.scr"

This form of attachment has been used by

recent viruses or other malware.

If you meant to send this file then please

package it up as a zip file and resend i

I did send to correct address last night as got this today. How to package as zip?

Edit Hp seems to think it maybe coolwebsearch

Right-click the file and select "Send To->Compressed Folder", then re-send.

OK Have now sent as zipped file. Do you think it could be cool web search? It is not changing my home page[/quote

Did you get it? I copied it to myself and it arrived here.

There does not appear to be any harmful activity from the file, it is not compressed, packed, etc. an does not exhibit any direct signs of spyware from initial observation.

OK Have now sent as zipped file. Do you think it could be cool web search? It is not changing my home page[/quote

Did you get it? I copied it to myself and it arrived here.

There does not appear to be any harmful activity from the file, it is not compressed, packed, etc. an does not exhibit any direct signs of spyware from initial observation.

OK thanks. the ssstars.scr is in task manager now. It disappears for a while when rebooted and does not start immediately on restart