ProTruckDriver

My Avatar Problems

Simple Question. I've been a member of the forum for over 10 years. Why can't I download my Avatar on my forum account?

On 7/30/2020 at 11:29 PM, ProTruckDriver said:

Simple Question. I've been a member of the forum for over 10 years. Why can't I download my Avatar on my forum account?

Knock, Knock is anyone home here on this forum to answer this question???

On 7/30/2020 at 8:29 PM, ProTruckDriver said:

Sorry for the delay.  What error are you receiving?

Thanks,

Geoff

This button doesn't do anything. Neither does Drag and Drop.

My PC is down at this time. I'm trying to change the avatar using Firefox on a Mac computer.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 6.23.51 PM.png

1 hour ago, ProTruckDriver said:

This button doesn't do anything. Neither does Drag and Drop.

My PC is down at this time. I'm trying to change the avatar using Firefox on a Mac computer.

Thanks for the quick response!  I have to be honest - I haven't used this feature in probably 6+ years.  Apparently, the Profile Photo tool in this forum software still leaves a lot to be desired. :o I was able to change mine using the tool (tried with a few versions of Chrome and one of Edge) - but I couldn't crop the image appropriately as you can see.  If you can confirm what browsers and what versions are exhibiting this behavior for you, I'll report it to IPS and see if they have a solution.  On the backend, I find that their template editor sometimes only works reliably with Edge...so I know they have some browser compatibility issues at times.  Anybody else having this problem with the avatar tool?

Right on, thanks.  Do you have any browser extensions or anything that would filter web content installed and active?  I will run it up the line to Invision and see what they say.

AdGuard and Malwarebytes Browser Guard on both. But I also disabled ALL Browser Extensions on both and still had the same problem.

After some investigation, it seems that there may be a webserver configuration problem that is causing issues with the profile photo chooser/editor and possibly some other features.  We're looking into it now. Thanks for your patience!