david banner

Home page hijack check

How do I prevent SAS from checking the home page. I untick but it is ticked next time opened and gives a false positive re the homepage being hijacked

David

How do I prevent SAS from checking the home page. I untick but it is ticked next time opened and gives a false positive re the homepage being hijacked

David

Uncheck both options under Home Page Protection.

I have done that but on opening again they are checked again and I get a false alert re page change

Edit checking sig

Thanks

David

Something on your system (another security product) is blocking our access to the registry is those settings are changed back. What else are you running?

NAV 2007

SpybotSD

SpywareBlaster

WinOatrol

ProcessGuard

ZA free

Win Defender

One of them is blocking the registry access - you have quite a few products running, so it's hard to tell which one is doing it. You may have turn them off and uncheck and see if it stays checked.

IME the following definetly have some form of registry/homepage protection going on.

WinPatrol

SpywareBlaster(can be configured to block changes)

SpyBot Tea-Timer also.

Probaly the easiest way around this conflict caused by many overlapping softwares is to uninstall SAS,reboot,reinstall SAS but uncheck the reccomended setting + select do not protect during the installation setup

sasmh8.jpg