elspeth

Is boogle still a boggle ?

A spammer  from  the  'greygrey'  zone  brought  me  back  here.

So I prowled around the  site  and  read  the advice Guilty Spark  gave  One_II_Coding   [ as  far  over my  head  as the  truth  of   SARS-CoV-2 ]     which led me  to  tgigeeks.boards.net  which  led  me  to  the  web  browser  'boogle'.

Has  anyone  tried  it?     I  have  and  it  seems  OK.   Nothing  special  about  me, but why   have  I  never  heard of it  or   seen it  mentioned?  Has anyone   ever  heard of  it?

Why  is  there so little information on it  via  the  major  search engines  ;)  > :roll: =  goolil,  bingle, yeehoo, dickygeegee....  ?

It  even  looks  though it  has a potential  VPN  capacity?

Should  we  be supporting  and  promoting  it ?

Can you post a link as I don't know exactly what you're speaking of other than the Decentralised browser which is used more for advertising purposes. If this is the one you're talking about then it's probably because it's Decentralised and doesn't have a great deal of use with centralised search engines, it's a similar thing with LBRY.io

Posted (edited)

Sure   GuiltySpark, - sorry  for  delay, have updated my  notifications so I  can see replies:

https://boogle.com/

I  have  been  using  it  on  and  off; search  results  very  like  Google  results, especially  pages 1 and 2, then   a   slight  decrease in correlation. I  have  not  enough   technical  knowledge  to  weigh  that,  and  at  least  boogle  doesn't  emulate  the misleading  fantasy  garbage  like  "About 28,300,000 results (0.42 seconds) " 

Hope you  are  well.

Edited by elspeth
lack of attention to words I used- put increase meant decrease, doh!

yea it's decentralised which is why you don't really hear of it. It was the same with TOR back in the day, the only reason people know about that now is because of the media landslide that happened when they started to talk about hackers using it. 

I've not used it so much but i'm sure it can be beneficial when centralised networks are 'repossessed' via mainstream control to cover things up or redact stories etc...