cinbad

Pop Up Ads

Hi

I am getting a tremendous amount of pop up ads through IE. Even when I am not on IE, but on Firefox, the ads keep popping up. I have run the superantispyware several times and each time it finds adwaretracking cookies and it takes care of them but the ads do not stop popping up. I am hoping that someone here can help me with this problem. I appreciate any help you can provide to me. Thank you!

Hi

I am getting a tremendous amount of pop up ads through IE. Even when I am not on IE, but on Firefox, the ads keep popping up. I have run the superantispyware several times and each time it finds adwaretracking cookies and it takes care of them but the ads do not stop popping up. I am hoping that someone here can help me with this problem. I appreciate any help you can provide to me. Thank you!

Please submit a support ticket here and we can run a custom diagnostic on your system:

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

Also - visit our File Research Center here:

http://www.fileresearchcenter.com

Let it check your system and then please all any unrecognized files to be submitted.

I was having this same problem of ad pop ups and discovered that I had a trojan virus named Vundo. This was detected in two other Spyware scans, but they could not remove it. I then found SAntiSpyware through a forum and decided to try it. Guess what? Ever since I downloaded it, ran a scan, and quarantined this Vundo, these annoying pop ups have stopped. The scan discovered it in my Systems 32 file registry and has seemingly destroyed it for me. At least for now. My question is this...When my computer starts up, and error message pops up saying it can not find this module that was once infected. How can I fix this warning window from coming up in start up letting me know this? It is not bothering anything I am sure since I just click OK and it continues start up to my desktop.

Another question I have is I read somewhere that after disinfecting this Vundo Trojan, you should uninstall current Java and download new Java versions to install. Is this true and if so, where do I go to get it?

I have my fingers crossed that this Vundo is gone as it is a real pest!

Thanks for any help and if it is gone, then SuperAntiSpyware is the best!

Absolutely true on updating Java to the most current version.It is important that you uninstall all earliar versions.

The error alert is because the Vundo DLL has been removed but its load entry is till in place at bootup.Hence causing the error which is only cosmetic and not live malware :wink:

I can help you remove the load error :)

Download a copy of Autoruns : http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys.../AutoRuns.mspx

Run a scan but press ESC to stop it .

Click options .

Check both "verify code signatures" and "hide signed microsoft entries" . This will make the list a lot shorter .

Now press F5 to rerun the scan with the new settings .

Click file , save as and save the log to your desktop .

Open it , copy all and paste it into your next post .

* if your firewall requests outbound connection for Autoruns(grant it permission) as it is phoning home to the central databse to verify signatures of files