Sign in to follow this  
Xsile

No support?

I sent a tech support ticket a month ago and other then the immediate canned response I have received no further correspondence.  Is SAS now defunct?  The last update in announcements was a year ago. I have 5 lifetime keys that I bought back when you could buy lifetime keys and now SAS will not install at all on my windows 10 pro x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.535 machine. I also keep seeing in this forum all the threads being locked. Locking all the threads removes the ability for the forum comunity to help of other users. My issue is that when I attempt to install SAS I get the typical windows UAC popup screen asking to give permission, I grant permission then poof...nothing.  No event log entries no nothing. SAS just does not installed or event attempt to install after granting the SAS installer permission. OK......Odd.  Before I downloaded and tried to install the pro version...because my keys are all pro version keys and it was a no go. So I figured why not try the free installer instead. Well now SAS is installed. the free version installer worked.

Hi Xsile

No it's not defunct but there have been a few changes with some people leaving and (I assume) different positions being filled so much of the old responders are no longer around (again I assume), plus the fact that many people no longer come to forums for their issues which I think is just to the Automotive nature of Win 10 (it self repairs).

I have 5 lifetime keys that I bought back when you could buy lifetime keys and now SAS will not install at all on my windows 10 pro x64 Version 1909 Build 18363.535 machine.

I can't answer what's happening here as I have nothing to do with the systems all I can suggest is you keep hassling the team until you can get your answer they usually ask for a diagnostic to see what's going on to stop the install, also another tip for yourself to try would be to open up Task Manager or Process Explorer (if you have it) to see what's happening during install as it may be another program preventing it.

I also keep seeing in this forum all the threads being locked. Locking all the threads removes the ability for the forum comunity to help of other users.

I tend to lock threads that are either out of date or have no input, as far as other members helping out it would be great but forums are a dying breed now sadly so no-one bothers. They are also locked to prevent spam bots from auto posting in an open field.

My issue is that when I attempt to install SAS I get the typical windows UAC popup screen asking to give permission, I grant permission then poof...nothing.  No event log entries no nothing. SAS just does not installed or event attempt to install after granting the SAS installer permission. OK......Odd.  Before I downloaded and tried to install the pro version...because my keys are all pro version keys and it was a no go. So I figured why not try the free installer instead. Well now SAS is installed. the free version installer worked.

Are you selecting Run As Admin before installing as usually this can bypass the UAC box.

When this happens, is there a SUPERAntiSpyware icon on your desktop?

Are you able to do a complete uninstallation and then reinstallation? This will often resolve these kinds of issues.