ParrotSlave

Authenticating connection - failed, couldn't connect to update server

I'm able to reach the site and manually download and install the definitions file (https://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html), but the program has suddenly decided that it cannot connect to the update server. This happens every now and then, but it's usually a short-lived problem. I have exclusions in Malwarebytes and in Norton to exclude SAS, but neither of those programs have caused problems in a long time. I ran netsh winsock reset and a couple of other commands, then rebooted, but the error is still occurring. I haven't uninstalled and reinstalled SAS, although, if this keeps up, I might. What is the IP of the update servers so I can see if I can ping them? 

SAS couldn't connect to update server.JPG

Same here with my Lifetime License. Started yesterday.

Thanks,

I haven't tried manual updating off the SAS site itself.

Ver: 8.0.1038

Database Ver 15487  ( 05/02/2019)

Curious?  Where do you find the 'trace' number installed?

Thanks,

Buffalo4

PS: Running Win 10 Home 64 bit on a Desktop and Avast Free Edition and Windows Firewall

PPS: Also allowed through Windows Firewall--only firewall I use

Hi Everybody,

Quick update -- we had a major failure at the datacenter that houses our databases.  We've been working continuously to get it back up and running and I think we're getting close but as you've seen, there are still periods of downtime.  We're trying to get it all resolved this evening (Friday 5/3 PDT).

Thanks again for your patience!

Geoff

Thanks for that info.

It came back on for me yesterday (Friday) and it is now working just fine.

While waiting, I did the total uninstall of SAS and installed it again, but my license wasn't recognized, most likely due to the datacenter problem.

Later in the day everything was back up to snuff, including my license and latest definitions.

All is well.

Buffalo4

Thanks for the update Buffalo4.  I got a note from the operations guys just a bit ago and they said they were done with the database maintenance and that everything was working normally.  So I think we can hopefully call this event closed.