Cyberchief

No Database Version / Definition Updates in 3 Days

The definition updates have not occurred since Friday. I know there is a weather problem but, what's the deal with the updates? The definition was 15433 on Thursday and it changed to 15435 on Friday and it has been that way since. Any possible explanation? Any sort of Notice would be appreciated.

Hi Cyberchief,

Sorry for the delay in the response. We've been having some issues with our definition release infrastructure and we're working on getting it resolved.  I haven't heard of an ETA on when this will get fixed but I assure you our team is giving it top priority.

Regards,

Geoff

3 hours ago, KEL1 said:

Any updates on when the definitions will be updating again?

Hi KEL1,

The dev team is still working on it.  Sorry, I have no additional details to provide at this time.  My understanding is that it is a somewhat more involved problem than previously anticipated.

Thanks for your patience!

Geoff

Hi Everybody,

I think we're back on track with the definition update process.  We had a pretty serious issue which needed some thought and development.  Thanks again for your patience.

Regards,

Geoff

Just a FYI: when we deploy a definition update, there are usually a lot of changes rolled into it -- often including updates that are not mentioned specifically in the auto-generated release "notes" of additions and updates.  The latest release includes all of the pending changes that have been queuing up since last week. We haven't lost any of the research work done since the problem began.