JustStopIt1096

New Popup ("Tech Issues Solved Daily") Can't be Turned Off?

Hi, 

I'm using the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware, and have had good luck with it for a number of years.

The recent update, however, is giving me a pop-up in the lower right corner near the toolbar advertising 'X# of Tech Issues Solved Daily'; I wanted to see if there was a way to turn it off before I uninstall the program and find another anti-virus. 

Thanks.

Justin

Me too - in fact I created this account just to ask about this.  I just updated and so far I've had this garbage show up twice.

What is this junk?  Can it be disabled at all?  Or is it like the Update pop up and I have to click on it and visit some bs page?  Is this wonderful program turning into spamware?

I came to this forum this morning specifically to complain about that same problem.  It's rather annoying, wouldn't you say?  Could you please offer us a way to turn it off?  Perhaps have it nag us only once a month or something like that?

Will in Seattle a.k.a. "Clueless"

7 April 2019

This account crated specifically to complain about the unwanted pop-up advertisement at start up. Unless the pop-up is removed or blocked by UI switch, I’ll remove SUPERAntiSpyware Free.

9 Apr 2019

Even worse: Pop-up occurs not just at start up, but also on "demand scans". If this pop-up is not eliminated or controllable by UI switch, I will remove this program.

This issue occurs for me in Win7 Home Premium, fully updated.

Yeah, every single time I log in or switch users; I'm giving it a day for a solution. I already have the Kaspersky install files downloaded, if there isn't one. 

Larry

Sorry guys but at present I haven't been able to reproduce this issue can you give more feedback about the systems you're using.

Upgraded to latest version yesterday, the pop up in the bottom right corner of your screen, the one that usually talks about a new version available, now has a second pop up that talks about Tech Fixes available.  Not sure what other repro steps there are.

Can you take a screen shot of the offending article and upload it please.

Here you go - now there are two separate ones.  I ran a quick scan, just critical infection points, and when it finished the first pop up came.  Took a shot and after I got it into mspaint the second pop up appeared without me doing anything else so I took a shot of that as well.  Just used the PrintScreen key to take the shots and copied the popups out of that to their own png.

Let me know if you need more - I'll be on and offline for a bit but I'll check for sure tomorrow after work (West Coast USA time).

SAS pop ups.png

Same here. Since updating to the latest program version, every PC start up and every scan results in that pop up. I've tried turning on Game mode and it still pops up. Running Windows 10.

Ok after rummaging round various settings, regedits, alternate starts etc, it appears to be built into the very application itself and is directly involved with support.com tech help this only showing on the free version however, the subscribed version is not affected.

How long the ad(s) last for I have no idea it may be just until the next update but a member of the Admin team would know more.

Sorry I can't be more help here.

In the same boat as everyone. This pop up is annoying and really if this is the path that you are taking, I’m done. You have now become the one you fought against. 

No response from tech support means (to me, at least) that this is the new 'normal'.

Just uninstalled SuperAnti, going to another product. Too intrusive.

Larry

Can you please give us the ability to turn this ad thing off? This is like having an adblocker addon serve you up ads. No. No thanks. Stop.

Whoever brought this up in a meeting was wrong. Bad wrong. The ones that said your loyal users would be peeoed and ditch you were right.

I have really liked your product for second opinion and quick file scans.

I still want to be friends and paid for you in the past for a computer but you are testing our friendship.

Push a release that lets us turn this off or we split.

thanks,

mainer

I got a reply to an email saying 'we're going to remove this from the software.'

I told them to let me know when they do, as I've had to uninstall it.

On a related note, Kaspersky Free seems to run faster than SAV...just saying. ;)

larry

I had the same thing too, but not now. Yesterday, I updated to version 8.0.1038 and since then the 2nd pop-up shown in NotNull's post above no longer appears even after a reboot. The first pop-up shown appeared after I ran a Quick Scan, but there's now a tick box underneath the pop-up which gives the option to tick "Don't Show Me This Again". You get this option whether or not anything's been found. This is in the Free version and the update to the latest version gets rid of the irritation! So somebody took notice of the complaint and did something about it - thank you! No need to uninstall as far as I'm concerned.

Zena