Sign in to follow this  
MaverickSenpai

Windows 10 Install issue for SaS

So, I used SaS for a long time on my same pc when it was Windows 7.  Now, when I try to install it, I keep getting this nasty little error called "Error creating shortcut.  Aborting Installation."

I've looked around, and I can find absolutely nothing online about it, and I contacted support, and they failed to help me. 

I'm now down to my last resort, and using the forums for assistance.  I have tried the Online scan, safe run scan, mobile scan, the normal download for it AND the UVK download for it.  All come back with the same error.  My account is Administrator, and has full privilege and usage on this PC. 

Here is what the error looks like currently.

Remember, I've used the Online Scanner, Safe Run Scanner, Mobile Scanner, the Normal Free download scanner and the UVK download.  All come back with this same error, and I have full privilege and admin rights on my PC.

post-49789-0-09222200-1476041086_thumb.png

Not sure why they would've said that.

Try using the uninstaller selecting the version appropriate to you.

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST.EXE  (32bit)

https://www.superantispyware.com/downloads/SASUNINST64.EXE (64bit)

Restart the system then install

https://www.superantispyware.com/index.html

I've done this as well.  Sorry forgot to mention it.  I've run the uninstaller, both variants.

Like, do I need to buy a license to use this now on Windows 10?  Does the free one not support it or something?

No you don't need to buy a license the free version works fine on Win10.

Did SASCS ask for any other details or try anything else?

Surprised they didn't run a diagnostic on your system they usually do if you're having issues like this.

As far as I'm aware you're the only one who's run into this so far. I can try to find an issue if you'd like?

Can you run DDS and attach both logs back here.

Thanks

There doesn't appear to be anything on the system that would stop it.

Can you create a new local user and see if it will install on that user?

Sadly it did not work.  Made a new account on my PC, swapped over to it, downloaded SAS, and it gave the same error.

I really don't want to have to wipe my entire PC, just to get a scan done. 

At this time I don't have an answer, usually it's because of something screwed up in the registry or a permissions problem. You are selecting Run As Admin right?

Other than this I can only suggest you ask SASCS to run a diagnostic as without access to the system I can't see what's going on during the install process.

Sorry.

Well, if it is an issue with your OS then they have helped all they can as it may be down to a buggy update after all Win 10 is not a stable system by a long way.

(Incidentally, I don't think it ever will be but that's my opinion).

When no-one else has the same issue it can only be down to that system.