Sign in to follow this  
Aivars

SurfSideKick3

Hello,

I hope I am posting in the right forum. I have an issue that has come up in the last 2 weeks that I hope to get some answers/solutions. So the last 2 times i have done my weekly on-demand SAS scans, the very first file that it scans is a file called Programfiles(86)/SurfSideKick3. It only happens once (if I stop the scan and try again it does not show up). From what I read this file is bad adware, however SAS does not flag it as a threat and my other 2 security programs don't show it/flag it (I use Norton as my primary and Malwarebytes as my other on-demand scanner), the computer is running fine and there doesn't seem to be any problems that I can tell. I also can't seem to find the file anywhere when I do a search of my drive. Is there a possibility that I am infected and this malicious software is able to hide from my three security programs? Like I said I only started noticing this in the last two weeks, however I have not been on my computer very often in the past several months and even then it is to check emails and update stuff and do weekly scans.

Any help/advice/insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Search the net, there are some very outdated posts about it. Might be so old that nobody has it in their signatures any more.