Sign in to follow this  
johndu

Missed Sceduled Scan-Doesn't start automatically

I have SuperAntiSpyware Pro.  I have it scheduled to Scan everyday at 9:00am.  I have option  "Start task as soon as possible if it was missed" checked.  This is a computer I only use here and there so it is not always on.  Most times I start the computer, I get the message:

"A scheduled scan was missed while you were logged out.  Click Scan Now to start the scan."

Shouldn't this start automatically if a scan was missed without me needing to click "Scan Now" since the "Start task as soon as possible if it was missed" option is checked?

What I would like is for SAS to do is run a scan automatically if a scheduled scan was missed with no pop up screen.  Also, if possible, I would like it to wait a 5 or 10 minutes after startup (in case I need to get something done quickly I don't want system slowed down for SAS scan).

Thanks

Hello,

For a scheduled scan to complete, two conditions must be met:

1) You must be logged in as the Windows user who the scan is scheduled under

2) The computer must either be on, or hibernated/suspended with the appropriate wake-up options selected

The fact it is informing you that a scheduled scan has been missed and that you should click now to start the scan, the option you check is working.