Sign in to follow this  
EvelynH

SAS finding hundreds of hits in just a day's time

Hey there:

New to the Forum, but not to SuperAntiSpyware - which I have personally used, and recommended for many many years. And yes, it is the free version that I use.

Just recently - perhaps since going to Windows 10 - when I run the program it finds hundreds more hits that "normal". 1200+ one day and perhaps 600 the very next, when I have hardly been on the internet at all.

Just wondering if others are experiencing similar results.

I have Norton Security, and therefore running Malwarebytes (which I've installed simply to compare results) finds ZERO hits.

Any comments???

Thanks.  I'm a bit concerned.

If you look closely, the hits are probably cookies which are not dangerous. Went through the many

cookies thing a month ago. The amount has calmed down. SAS is usually the only program that finds cookies

on my computers and that can be changed in settings.

The detections you are seeing are just cookies. Cookies are not blocked by SAS because they are required for most web functionality. Cookies will come back every time you surf the internet, and can by cleaned out by simply running a scan.

If you would like to learn more about cookies, I recommended visiting www.allaboutcookies.org