Sign in to follow this  
whatmeworry

Product Update Available - Can't Install

I'm using SAS Free version 6.0.1216 with database version 12640 on Win7 Prof. 64-bit.  Every time I start SAS, a box appears that says "Product Update is available! A new version of SUPERAntiSpyware is ready to install."  But when I click on Update Now, another box pops up that says "Update Error: There was an error performing this update."  I click on OK, and the box disappears.  I have no problem running SAS.  It scans my system and finds no problems.  But I don't understand the problem with the Program Update.   Is there an update?  If so, what's the problem that prevents me from getting it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks, GuiltySpark, for your response.  I don't know what SASCore64 is.  I looked at Task Manager to see whether it was running.  The only SAS Process listed was SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE.  Under Services, something called !SASCORE was listed as Stopped.  I didn't see SASCore64 listed in Task Manager.  I then did a search to see whether that file is on my computer.  Apparently it is: SASCore64.exe is listed in

C:\ProgramFiles\SUPERAntiSpyware.  

Restart !SASCORE and make sure it's set to Automatic, restart the computer and try to update the product again.

Restart !SASCORE and make sure it's set to Automatic, restart the computer and try to update the product again.

Thanks very much, GuiltySpark, for your advice.  I tried to restart !SASCORE.  In Task Manager, I right-clicked on that file and selected "Start Service."  However, a box popped up that said "The operation could not be completed.  Access is denied."  I also tried double-clicking on the SASCore64.exe file in Program Files, but nothing happened.

Thanks VERY much, GuiltySpark!  I followed your advice and I now have SAS version 6.0.1218, database 12643, and all seems well.  I ran a scan, and SAS reported that it found no malware.  And I've seen no more pop-ups telling me that a new version is available.  I'm most grateful to you for your help in resolving this issue.