Sign in to follow this  
Quasibozo

Incomplete Scan

Win 10, desktop PC, "ASUS Z97-A USB 3.1", i7-4770K, 32GB DDR3, Kingston HyperX system SSD, other backup drives.

SAS Pro Version 6.0.1216, Database Version 12578

Had this problem for a month or so: When attempting a full - Complete Scan, Maximum boost, whether or not Rescue Scan is enabled,  SAS frequently does not manage to progress to end. Sometimes indicating that cookies or whatever has been found, but the program has to close and nothing can be done to resolve the detections. I do have one backup drive that is Bit Locked, but even when I open it for a scan session, SAS still fails. It has prompted to submit a report many times and I have complied but I do not see any corrections or improvements coming from SAS. Quick scan manages to finish, but Complete Scan will not. It doesn't keep a log file of the faulty scan session. Anyone having this issue?

Hi GS, I have tried disabling "Skip inside Zip files". The Complete scan still (and most often) does not finish. Occasionally, with persistence, it does manage its' way to the end and allow me to resolve any detections it may have collected. Quick scan works fine but is not as reassuring as a complete scan of course. I still suspect Windows 10 has something to do with it. This PC has had to have compatible hardware replaced for me to continue with Win 10. This issue sometimes occurs on my laptop too, but much less often.

Thank you for your emailed personal advice. I assure you it is not my intent to be abrasive or irritable. I have high regard for the SAS Pro utility and gave been using it for a number of years. I have not had too much difficulty with SAS in the past. Therefore I am not very familiar with the formality and protocol of these forums. Which could be considered a positive for the SAS product review wouldn't one think? I'd rather not have to hang around here too often.

This PC is my last "build-from-scratch". Decent laptops after this station becomes extinct, (if I don't expire first). I retired from a career in CAD and jewelry model making in 2012.

Thanks again GuiltySpark.

Hi GS, I have tried disabling "Skip inside Zip files". The Complete scan still (and most often) does not finish. Occasionally, with persistence, it does manage its' way to the end and allow me to resolve any detections it may have collected. Quick scan works fine but is not as reassuring as a complete scan of course. I still suspect Windows 10 has something to do with it. This PC has had to have compatible hardware replaced for me to continue with Win 10. This issue sometimes occurs on my laptop too, but much less often.

Thank you for your emailed personal advice. I assure you it is not my intent to be abrasive or irritable. I have high regard for the SAS Pro utility and gave been using it for a number of years. I have not had too much difficulty with SAS in the past. Therefore I am not very familiar with the formality and protocol of these forums. Which could be considered a positive for the SAS product review wouldn't one think? I'd rather not have to hang around here too often.

This PC is my last "build-from-scratch". Decent laptops after this station becomes extinct, (if I don't expire first). I retired from a career in CAD and jewelry model making in 2012.

Thanks again GuiltySpark.

You could try Uninstalling  and downloading a fresh copy, it should keep your License key but if not make sure you make a note of it.

Use one of these Un-installers:

SAS Uninstaller 32bit >>>

SAS Uninstaller 64bit >>>

Downloads >>>

Unfortunately (or fortunately) I do not have Win 10 (and never will) so I can not try to recreate the issue.

You could try disconnecting some of the other HDDs and just run a full scan on the main one to see if that finishes without a problem, if it does then you could add a HDD each time until you hit the same issue.

If it turns out the BitLocked drive is causing the issue then disconnect all others and leave the BitLocked drive connected, run a full scan to see if it is definitely being caused by that one.

It's basically a case of narrowing the issue down. Time consuming yes but hey, what's life without whimsy?

As to the PM, it wasn't meant as 'having a go at you' so to speak so if sounded that way I apologise, but the point still stands about the spammer like practice of it.

No harm done though :)

And you should be here more often sharing your years of experience with others who have issues whether it be SAS related or just computer in general related.

It gets so lonely here :D

Hello,

Please try this fix. Try check-marking these three option boxes under the Troubleshooting section of the Help & Information section of SUPERAntiSpyware

-Disable Kernel Direct File Access

-Disable Kernel Direct Registry Access

-Disable Direct Disk Access

Let me know how that works.