Sign in to follow this  
bha19

Task Scheduler Windows 10

I am running Windows 10 home and Superantispyware 6.0.1216 lifetime professional

I have not tried a full scan on my new computer yet but went to schedule a scan and did this:

I want to schedule a full scan every Saturday at 9 o'clock so I went to Superantispyware and scheduled a scan. When I try to do this I get a popup that says windows task scheduler error unable to save task. The correct task is saved by Superantispyware, but I have a feeling that Windows task scheduler did not work. Is this because of administrative rights? How do I correct this?

So I woke up this morning and Superantispyware had run as scheduled and all it found were cookies. It was waiting for me to complete the job of cancel or delete cookies. My question now is I had told Superantispyware to shut down the computer when done and want to know why it did not?

Is it possible that you have another piece of software scheduled which is keeping the computer awake?

Good question but I doubt it. So back to my original question why did task manager give an error when trying to schedule?

I got the error that SAS is unable to save the scheduled task.  I was told by SAS to re-install it.  Didn't fix.  I found and fixed the problem.

The cause for the error is that there is too many tasks listed in the Windows 10 task manager.  You should only see  2 task times listed in Windows 10 task manager - Update, and Scan.  If there is more than these two or there is a conflict, you get the no SAVE error.

To fix it, 

right-click the Menu icon, select Computer Management.

under System Tools, select Task Scheduler.

Under Active Tasks, see the SAS tasks shown.   (should only see 2 listed)  If there is more, delete them.  

You should delete these tasks by double clicking on the task in the Computer Management, select TRIGGER, and delete it.   In fact, you can delete all SAS tasks and re-create the tasks when you re-open SAS             .30SAS.pdf