darth

vista+superantispyware updates

i downloaded superantispyware free version to a friend's computer, which has vista on it. download went fine and installed it's self on the computer. did out a quick scan, found a few third party cookies. then checked for updates, downloaded updates; vista ask me for permission to continue?, i clicked yes.

i never did see the results for updates, like i do on my pc, which uses xp. could this be a vista glitch? i believe the updates were installed. is there any file hidden/otherwise, i can check to verify?

pc has only avast and windows defender on it.

i downloaded superantispyware free version to a friend's computer, which has vista on it. download went fine and installed it's self on the computer. did out a quick scan, found a few third party cookies. then checked for updates, downloaded updates; vista ask me for permission to continue?, i clicked yes.

i never did see the results for updates, like i do on my pc, which uses xp. could this be a vista glitch? i believe the updates were installed. is there any file hidden/otherwise, i can check to verify?

pc has only avast and windows defender on it.

Is this being done from an Administrator or Standard account?

gosh, i'm just a newbie at dealing with vista. vista did permit the installation. other wise, except for showing the updates after downloading them, everything was normal. i would assume we were using adm. account. prior to installing superantispyware, i installed avast, everything went normal with it. updating, etc.

what happens when you check for updates, when using standard acct?

i think in this case i must have done something wrong. although, the machine indicated that it downloded the updates, and ask for permission to continue after they were downloaded. and i clicked permission to contiune. it did'nt show the results.

what happens when you check for updates, when using standard acct?

i think in this case i must have done something wrong. although, the machine indicated that it downloded the updates, and ask for permission to continue after they were downloaded. and i clicked permission to contiune. it did'nt show the results.

I only get the information of what is included in the updates when I update SAS by clicking on the 'check for updates' button in the Main Menu within the program, on Vista.

Since using SAS with Vista I have been just updating manually this way, checking daily after I start up the PC. I have found it a simpler method than going through the UAC permissions. I am the only user on the PC and only have the one account set up at present, which is the administrator account.

Hope some of this info. helps. :)