robinb9

make it run in Vista under Standard User

It doesn't now and has a bug in it that when you try to click the icon, Vista cries it cannot open it- only if you are an administrator.

Also if you go back to the administrator login account and then click on it in the Pro version- it again asks for your License number.

Microsoft recommends you set up an administrator account for Vista but to do everything as a standard user.

As I do not really agree with this, if someone does do this they cannot run superantispyware, do a scan- nada.

It also doesn't show the "bug" in the right side of the taskbar for the standard user so the standard user is not protected in real time and the Standard user is usually the one that is going to get a trojan or spyware.

robin

I agree, as you know from my other thread this is a massive nuisance, so much so that not using the software becomes the easier choice because it's very tiring and time consuming having to face it EVERY boot, I hoped the makers would of replied to that thread but nothing so far, maybe this thread will be more successful prompting a resolution for this problem.

I agree, as you know from my other thread this is a massive nuisance, so much so that not using the software becomes the easier choice because it's very tiring and time consuming having to face it EVERY boot, I hoped the makers would of replied to that thread but nothing so far, maybe this thread will be more successful prompting a resolution for this problem.

The Vista Limited/Standard user issue has been dealt with in 4.0 - if some of you would like to try the pre-release, you can verify for yourself :)

Excellent news, I can't try it ATM as I'm awaiting an RMA to clear funds so I can order a replacement board, but once I get that I'll happily give it a go and see how things get on, will report back when I can add more to this, Thanks for listening.

The Vista Limited/Standard user issue has been dealt with in 4.0 - if some of you would like to try the pre-release, you can verify for yourself :)

Will version 4.0 be lighter on resources.? about the same? or will it use more resources.?

Will version 4.0 be lighter on resources.? about the same? or will it use more resources.?

I doubt you'll find any decent real time protection that is as light on resources as sas. I'm not talking about ram though, I'm talking about noticeable system speed degradation.

With that being said, I didn't notice any difference in that regard while testing V4. However, I did note about a 10% reduction in scan time.

Sorry for the long delay, idiots refunded to a dead card so took ages to sort, anyway finally back up and running on this system using a totally different board as the other one has caused nothing but grief.

Well initially I was going to ask where to get v4 from as it wasn't showing on the download pages but then I had a look round and found it in the forums, so downloaded it and installed it and no change, I still get the annoying nag screen each boot, but haven't had time to activate and try via the admin account yet, but so far it seems no different to the older version, any tips ?

Exactly what version of the v.4 pre-release are you running? When you say you haven't activated it yet, can you be more specific? The more detail you can provide the better the chance of getting assistance. :)

Sorry for the long delay, idiots refunded to a dead card so took ages to sort, anyway finally back up and running on this system using a totally different board as the other one has caused nothing but grief.

Well initially I was going to ask where to get v4 from as it wasn't showing on the download pages but then I had a look round and found it in the forums, so downloaded it and installed it and no change, I still get the annoying nag screen each boot, but haven't had time to activate and try via the admin account yet, but so far it seems no different to the older version, any tips ?

If you are running the Professional and haven't activated, you will get the screen indicating you need to register.

I am using the free version, I'm having a crazy time here with PC's ATM, just been offline reinstalling after my daughter did "nothing" as usual lol, also got a couple of other systems that need attention from other mates so I can't get to the vista build ATM, but should be able to get back to it in a few days, but I got the version from the pinned thread, I think it was v4.0.1080 but couldn't swear to it at this stage.

My comment about activation was talking about the admin account in vista, not your program, I hope to be able to afford the paid version one day, but no hope in the foreseeable, but previously the workaround I had found was to activate the admin account in vista, then install the program in that account, it's what I have found as a way to stop the nag screens previously, sorry if I wasn't clearer.