SUPERAntiSpyware vista problems

Hi, been using this for quite a while now (free version) and it's great, but I've just built a system for a mate using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and to start with when I installed all was fine except for getting an annoying alert EVERY boot asking permission for it to run before it could start, I looked\asked around and was able to get round this by activating the admin account and installing it in there, to start with all was well it would start up in the other account without the annoying nag screen and you could right click and select to scan with fine.

The problem now is this has all disappeared, no right click option and it wont start in the normal account on booting, you have to physically launch it, the person who this is for needs everything as automated as possible as they have very limited experience, any advice on how to get round these issues ? I have uninstalled\reinstalled numerous times now to no avail, so any help would be great.

Hi, been using this for quite a while now (free version) and it's great, but I've just built a system for a mate using Vista Ultimate 64 bit and to start with when I installed all was fine except for getting an annoying alert EVERY boot asking permission for it to run before it could start, I looked\asked around and was able to get round this by activating the admin account and installing it in there, to start with all was well it would start up in the other account without the annoying nag screen and you could right click and select to scan with fine.

The problem now is this has all disappeared, no right click option and it wont start in the normal account on booting, you have to physically launch it, the person who this is for needs everything as automated as possible as they have very limited experience, any advice on how to get round these issues ? I have uninstalled\reinstalled numerous times now to no avail, so any help would be great.

Interesting, I am getting the same thing in Vista Premium and the only way I got it to stop was to take off the User Control, put it back on- same problem.

I have another post here in "suggestions" to get this fixed.

I installed TweakUAC- www.tweak-uac.com which is a utility for Vista and you can put the UCP in quiet mode.

This will take off the UCP for the administrator but leave it on for the standard user.

YOu should only do this if you are an IT person and is totally aware of what goes on in your computer.

This stopped the problem that you have.

robin

Interesting read, if it were for me it would probably be perfect, but as this is for a mate with no knowledge on PC's etc they wouldn't be safe with it, we are talking about a level of knowing how to turn the PC on and play music and write letters etc and thats about it, I will slowly bring them up on a learning curve but it will be a slow process, for now I just need to sort these last issues so I can get this new build back to them.

As I said above activating the admin account and installing it in there worked well to start with, but something has now gone wrong and no matter what I try I either have to face the nag screen every boot or else physically launch it which still gives the nag screen, any other ideas that don't lower their protection levels ? (even if it's only from themselves)

Thanks for the reply anyway, looks a good option for a more advanced user.

that is why i said this method is for the advanced user only.

If someone else has a solution that would be great because as said I too am getting the same thing and for my clients computers they live with the User control because they too need everything to work automtically.

From what i am told it has someting to do with the User Control side of Vista that Superantispyware has to figure out.

I also use avg antispyware Pro on one of my computers and this problem doesn't happen at all wether you are a standard user or an admin user.

robin

Yes I saw and appreciated your warning over this, I was just confirming what you had said in a way, I don't know why it suddenly stopped working right, it started with the right click option disappearing, then while trying to reinstall to get it back it wont even do that right, is it possible one of the updates has caused this to happen with vista system perhaps ?

Yes I saw and appreciated your warning over this, I was just confirming what you had said in a way, I don't know why it suddenly stopped working right, it started with the right click option disappearing, then while trying to reinstall to get it back it wont even do that right, is it possible one of the updates has caused this to happen with vista system perhaps ?

got me, Vista is quirky by itself.

I have the program installed on xp computers and in standard mode i do not see this problem at all.

I do know other software programs have the same problem- adaware 2007 is one of them. it will not run at all in the standard user.

As said, AVG antispyware must have figured out how to get around it because it works fine on the administrator side and the standard user side.

I hope nick figures this out for Vista- like soon

Robin

Yes ad-aware 2007 is very buggy (last I heard anyway) so I quickly uninstalled that, wont try it again for a while yet.

Well I went to reinstall the system due to this problem knowing it worked prior assuming something added\done after caused this plus I was going to activate BitDefender and my understanding is that it has to be done on a fresh install adding a new partition, so I figured kill 2 birds with 1 stone, so went to reboot and wham, the system had a nervous breakdown, basically this is\was an EVGA 680i board that has been nothing but trouble from day one, several RMA's with the last being to EVGA direct and the board (this one) seemed to be behaving, but when trying to reinstall it stayed on the wallpaper boot screen prior to the language\location options coming up, this is how the previous board went, so the board is stuffed, I can only assume that this was the cause (or contributed at least) to the problems here, once I get a new board (NOT EVGA) I will see how it goes again.

I own a computer repair business and am a reseller of SAS. I've installed SAS on dozens of Vista systems with no problem. Although the first thing I do to Vista is disable the annoying and useless UAC.

They say that is a bad thing to do for the average person, they reckon less experienced users should have it enabled, wouldn't know myself but it's one of those grey area arguments with vista where some say good others say bad, so I air on the side of caution and treat leaving it disabled as a bad thing.