Tott

Windows 10 and SuperAntiSpyWare

I have been using SuperAntiSpyWare for several years.

I recently updated my PC to Windows 10.  Since then the program finds Lots of threats.  I mean in the hundreds, anywhere from 600 to over a thousand.  That is on the Quick scan.  

It then takes a couple of hours to remove them.

My question is this.  It this normal?

I did not experience this until after the upgrade to Windows 10. 

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to post about/ask this, but I figured I'd try doing so here as it's related to Windows 10.

On any version of Windows I've used previously, SUPERAntiSpyware has worked great.

On Windows 10, however, not so much. The program will update fine, start a scan fine, but once it starts detecting threats, a screen pops up and says, "SUPERAntiSpyware Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Though a critical point scan will finish in seconds with nothing having been found, all other scans with all boost options - and even no boost - will yield this result.

I've attempted to run scans in normal mode, safe mode, in every compatibility mode offered - all to no avail.

Please help!

There are a lot of problems with apps on win10 at present as its still in its early days but I'm sure the SAS developers are looking into it.

Hi!

Not sure if this is the right place to post about/ask this, but I figured I'd try doing so here as it's related to Windows 10.

On any version of Windows I've used previously, SUPERAntiSpyware has worked great.

On Windows 10, however, not so much. The program will update fine, start a scan fine, but once it starts detecting threats, a screen pops up and says, "SUPERAntiSpyware Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." Though a critical point scan will finish in seconds with nothing having been found, all other scans with all boost options - and even no boost - will yield this result.

I've attempted to run scans in normal mode, safe mode, in every compatibility mode offered - all to no avail.

Please help!

Every time I get through deleting my Browser history in internet options Superantispyware box pops up and says a homepage change has been noted. It really isn't trying to change it to anything different, but it pops up every time saying so.

I have a Lifetime licence and would like to keep using SuperAntiSpyware (of course).

My question is this:

Is it really necessary now? Windows Defender looks for Malware (is that SpyWare too?).

Of course, I suspect it depends on how up-to-date the Microsoft team are with their updating of defender (which seems to be almost daily).

Just interested in the thoughts of others.

If I do go ahead and re-install on my Windows 10 Home Edition, are there still problems with SAS? (e.g. Lots of false alerts etc?)

Hi I've been using SASW with windows 10, but a microsoft tech recently told me that SASW can conflict with Defender so removed SASW.

Is this correct?

Hi!

Please help!

I see the same message, has this been fixed yet?

Hello,

Please do the following and see if it corrects your error. Try check-marking these three options boxes under Troubleshooting section of the Help & Information section of SUPERAntiSpyware:

Disable Kernel Direct File Access

Disable Kernel Direct Registry Access

Disable Direct Disk Access