Sign in to follow this  
Victor2K

False Positive Trojan/Dropper at Chrome file?

DUring a scan I did today, it appeared that a file from Google Chrome was pointed as a Trojan.Agent/Gen.Dropper

C:\USERS\USUARIO\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\FILE SYSTEM\003\T\00\00000016 (file has no extension)

Used VirusTotal to scan the file and all bar two (SAS included) said the file was clean

If you want to check the file better I will zip it and upload it. Will add Virus Total's results

https://www.virustotal.com/pt/file/bc1acb6f67cf38755b4a666c0e859b1012de1fd581bd27db6e88e384863ffbd5/analysis/1440733876/

(MBAM and MSE did not detected any activity of Trojans and stuff in my system during recent scans (all done today)

Hello Victor2K,

From the file path this looks to be part of an unwanted program (possibly related to Somoto), which would mean it is incorrectly being detected as a Trojan.

I'll have to take a closer look to be sure. I will message you with my email address and if you could zip and send me the file that would be very helpful.

SUPERAntiSpyware Malware Research

Thank you for sending me that file. I believe I have found the cause of the false detection. I have adjusted the definition database, and that file should no longer be detected as of database version 12036 (which will be released this afternoon).

Update to version 12036 and scan again (a restart of SAS may be necessary).

Please let me know if this solves the false detection, or if you have any other questions or concerns,

SUPERAntiSpyware Malware Research

okay. Thanks for helping it. Will do that right now

EDIT: SAS updated me for the previous database version (12035), thus still gives the file as a virus. The 12036 did not appeared for me to be updated at the SAS upgrade check