Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Male

SAS Starting up at startup!!

I just updated to SUPERAntiSpyware v6.0.1200 and even though my previous settings were intact, now SAS startups everytime I restart Windows and I see the following entry added:

2vjvqzk.jpg

There is no option in the preferences to turn it off. Now I know I can simply delete that entry from Autoruns but this is not right! It shouldn't be starting up automatically when I installed the free edition and haven't asked it to startup on logon!

Even though I manually deleted the startup entry from Autoruns pertaining to SAS, upon reboot, it still started up.

What I had to do to fix this is to reset the program defaults then re-adjust all my settings again.

Bad programming I must say for this build.

and guys please can we stop trying to bundle the malware Google Chrome into the installer? doesn't look nice coming from a security company!

Until Chrome puts similar lockdown and vetting for extensions and add-ons in place like Firefox has, I consider it an unacceptable security risk and a malware conduit. I'm seeing quite a few banking trojans and other nasties in Chrome extensions. I'm uninstalling Chrome on sight for the time being. I won't use an AV that pushes it as more secure. Google may get this glaring security hole patched, maybe then my opinion will change.