Sign in to follow this  
Guest vegeta822

Is it normal that it takes 10 minutes for full scan?

Guest vegeta822

have windows 8.1 and running full scan with free version of superantispyware takes only 10 minutes, is it normal? thanks!

Hi vegeta822

It should take longer than that on a normal system however, it may depend on what is on your system, the less - the quicker it will be.

Can you post a scan log please.

Guest vegeta822

Sure, here is the last scan I performed (full scan)

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

Generated 06/28/2015 at 05:09 PM

Application Version : 6.0.1194
Database Version : 11940

Scan type       : Complete Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:07:40

Operating System Information
Windows 8.1 64-bit (Build 6.03.9200)
UAC On - Limited User

Memory items scanned      : 605
Memory threats detected   : 0
Registry items scanned    : 58927
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned        : 17005
File threats detected     : 5

Adware.Tracking Cookie
.doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\LOGITECH\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.bttrack.com [ C:\USERS\LOGITECH\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.bttrack.com [ C:\USERS\LOGITECH\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
in.getclicky.com [ C:\USERS\LOGITECH\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]
.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\LOGITECH\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

============
 End of Log 
============

I also use malwarebytes free version, it takes 1 hour 20 minutes to scan. My computer has 427gb free of 456gb. Only program I currently have installed are malwarebyes, avast free, skype,google chrome, internet explorer, ccleaner. That's all I've intalled since I reformatted my computer.

Malwarebytes analizes 450 000 items in complete scan, so I was wondering if they are both meant to do the same scan or maybe not.

I would like to know why the scan log of the first scan I performed (June 25th) is not in the history, as you can see in this picture it only shows the scans I did yesterday and today but not the other one I first did when downloaded the program.

dpJw94D.png

update: I found somewhere that using running ccleaner will remove logs, I just runned it and indeed it deleted those 2 logs.

Thanks!

Hi vegeta822

Sorry it's taken awhile, been busy.

That scan log looks fine, you should see in those other logs / would've seen in those other logs a decrease in the time taken for a scan.

This is due to the way SAS uses heuristics (I believe) so the first scan takes a lot longer than subsequent frequent scans, however, when you miss a scan for a few days it reverts back to a longer scan to make sure nothing has sneaked in during the down period of not scanning. (I think it may be different in the Pro version but can't remember).

Yes CCleaner will wipe out those logs if selected to do so as it will with most / all anti-malware products when selected.

30GB is not a huge amount to scan and the files to registry comparison would suggest heauristics is playing a part in this quick time period.

Do you have a 460GB drive?