Barbara

Can I use on new Laptop

Good afternoon from England

I have just bought a new Laptop, and I still have my desktop with SAS (paid for) installed... can I use my paid for version on my new laptop ?...

I downloaded a free trial version on the new laptop for safety measure.

My new Laptop is Windows 8.1 so I am stiill exploring it, all so new to me.

Thank you

Barbara :-P

Hi Barbara,

Did you buy a normal Pro licence or an additional licence?

Are you wishing to remove it from the desktop and put it on the laptop or do you wish to have it on both desktop and laptop?

Good morning,

Thank you so much for your reply... oh gosh, I bought the SAS Professional subscription...and yes, I wanted it on both really, as I have my desktop upstairs, and the laptop downstairs... (just had an operation so hard to get upstairs quickly)   I have a lot of expense coming up with my home.

Thank you for your help....also, you know some boxes are already ticked...I am not sure if and what  should have ticked...can you point me in the right direction for that also.

So glad I have you to come to for help. !!! :-P

Kindest wishes

Barbara x

Hi there dear man,

I have just checked and it was the one where it says two per household...(£29.99) (I live on my own) and as I explained earlier, it is more convenient for me to have the two computers,  my desktop is XP but my new laptop is 8.1 and have version 10 ready to be downloaded when it is time.

How do I go about puting the SAS on my new laptop ? I have the trial version running at the moment, so I unistall that and then ?????   ( I must sound so stupid !!!!)  also I have to find out on my new laptop where the control panel is....eeeeeeeeeekk!!! so much to learn !!!

Again, thank you so much for helping me

((Hugs))

Barbara

Ok Barbara,

With the new laptop you should be able to enter the same Licence code into the Free version (trial or not) of SAS on your new laptop and it should change over to a Pro Licenced Subscription. (no uninstall neccessary)

As to the new setup of Win 8 see here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/where-is-control-panel

As to your earlier question;

Thank you for your help....also, you know some boxes are already ticked...I am not sure if and what  should have ticked...can you point me in the right direction for that also.

You can leave it as default if you wish it won't do any harm but I am not sure which boxes you are speaking of with out seeing them.

Hi and good morning, awww, I wish I knew your name :)) or do I just call you Guilty Spark ?

So sorry it has been a few days before answering your message, just been a bit hectic at home..things going wrong, waiting for a plumber and more !!!

I will have to look into SAS and see where I have to insert my licence code, you are so kind...thank you so much.x  if I have problems can I come running back ??

Also, thank you for the link for Windows 8.

I will do a print screen shot for you to see what boxes I mmean about being ticked... I cannot do it at the moment as SAS is running, but I will be back later today and send a screen shot.

Bless you and thank you so much for your help.

(((Hugs)))

Barbara x

I have just done a screen shot of the boxes I was talking about Guilty Spark..hope I managed to upload it correctly. :-P   awww, it's not giving me theoption to upload an image from my docs...sorry !!

I have just done a copy & paste..not sure it will show for you.

No, it would not allow me to send ...shame!!

I will have to look into SAS and see where I have to insert my licence code, you are so kind...thank you so much.x  if I have problems can I come running back ??

Hi Barbara

GS is fine or Shirley if it makes you feel better, it really doesn't bother me (in the cyber world no one can hear you scream) lol.

To enter the license code open up SAS and select Help & Information

In here you will find where to put your license code.

post-16924-0-85730000-1435319128_thumb.png

If you're getting the that file extension will not work here when trying to upload a image it's best to use the More Reply Options at the bottom right hand corner of the text box you are typing in.

Select Browse to find the file in your computer.

Then select Attach This File.

Then select Add to Post.

(you may have to select an area in the text box where you wish the image to be displayed before selecting Add to Post).

Good morning dear Shirley,: :))

Thank you so much for your reply, and have jusrt inserted the code into my laptop downstairs....YEAH!!!!!   it worked, just like you said..

Thank you, thank you, thank you.♥

Okey dokey, I see where you mean to upload an image.. I will do that now.

It is just coming up to 6.30am Saturday and am getting ready to go food shopping (once a week)  and I have to get back  as the plumber is coming at 8.30am.

Such a beautiful morning here in the south of England, clear blue skies and a lovely fresh breeze.

Well here goes. sending the image to you.

Thank you dear one for all your help...and angel !!

Hugsssssss

Barbara xx

post-42227-0-25969600-1435383094_thumb.jpg

Hi Babs (Gerrourra my pub) :D

The pic looks fine, you may wish to check mark the one that says Delete Windows Temp Files just to clean out any remnants.

Such a beautiful morning here in the south of England, clear blue skies and a lovely fresh breeze.

Does make a change especially as it's Glasto weekend :lol:

Good morning Shirley...

Thanks so much, the scan is running now but when it's finished I will tick 'that box' :-P  now I will run...no, hang on, gently walk down th stairs and do the same on my laptop.. :-P

Are you from the south of England too Shirley...and yes, weather great for those who go to Glastonberry Festival..do you ever go :?:

Well my sweet, just going to wash my hair and then go to see my daughter.♥

Thank you again for all your help. 'I will be back for sure '!!!!

Have a lovely day... :x

Big hugs

Babs xxx

Hi Babs,

So everythings working fine? That is good news :)

Yes SE, never been to Glasto. Back when it was good I wanted to go but never could at the time, now it's a corprorate affair it's pretty much pants. Not so much a festival, more of a fayre for the rich.

Bring back the Festival!!! :angry:

Have a great day and don't get too wet 8)

Hi Shirley,

Once again my apologies for such a long wait in replying to you...not long been home from work.

No, I have never been to glasto either..it's a shame things change so much, but that's the way of the world now eh?

I am so fed up with this windows 8, trying to find out where everything is.. I have just loaded my psp as I love to do graphics, but whereas I knew where system 32 was to insert my dll files I have no idea where to go...never mind, it will keep me occupied..wonder what windows 10 wlil be like.

What a change in the weather today Shirley....sooooooooooooooooo hot yesterday...just no air !!!  thank goodness it's a little fresher today.

Well, better get on with my searching Shirley.

Big hugs

Babs xx