Hogident

Have I Missed the Message of the "List" Messages

For years I have been clicking on the trash can at the top of the Quarantine and SUPERDelete File Removal windows, thinking I was actually removing files and other items which appeared in the listings, but last night I let my mouse hover over the trash can a bit too long, and what I read, coupled with what I then read when I hovered elsewhere in the two windows, caused me to question what I thought I understood.

At the top of the SUPERDelete File Removal window is the message, files listed here will be aggressively removed by SUPERAntiSpyware.  

It is clear to me that files and items appearing in the window's list will be removed; it is not clear to me if "removed" means "from your computer" or "from the list."

It is clear to me that only items appearing in the list will be deleted; it is not clear to me how that happens or when.  Again, it states the program will remove the items; (not me).

It is clear to me, now, that the trash can removes items from the list, and the plus sign adds them; it is not clear to me, anymore, if clicking on those two buttons does anything more than amend the contents of the list.

It is not at all clear to me what I've done when I clicked on the trash can.  Did I remove the items from the computer, or did I merely remove them from the list and, as a result, undo what I had intended to do by removing them from being removed?  

It says items in the list will be removed; so, it stands to reason that, if I click on the trash can and remove items from the list, they won't be removed from the computer.

Look at the images below and read the messages in each very carefully.  They all pertain to the lists... not to the files with respect to the computer.

post-41282-0-71521100-1430131412_thumb.jpg

post-41282-0-65204000-1430131414_thumb.jpg

post-41282-0-82554200-1430131687_thumb.jpg

This all begs the questions, "how do I delete items myself" and " how can I verify the files have been deleted if they don't appear in my recycle bin" and "do I really have to wait for the program to delete them (as dictated by the number of days I've specified at the bottom of the quarantine window)" and "where do the items I remove from the list go, if they're not deleted from the computer?"  

I hope I've made myself clear... If not, I won't feel bad.  I'm in good company.  

I'm looking forward to reading what others have to say about the messages which, I hope, mean just the opposite of what seems to have been written.

Thanks.

Hi Hogident

I will try to answer your questions in stages, here goes...

At the top of the SUPERDelete File Removal window is the message, files listed here will be aggressively removed by SUPERAntiSpyware.  

It is clear to me that files and items appearing in the window's list will be removed; it is not clear to me if "removed" means "from your computer" or "from the list."

It is clear to me that only items appearing in the list will be deleted; it is not clear to me how that happens or when.  Again, it states the program will remove the items; (not me).

Removed means from your computer if you select the Done button at the bottom.

The Trash Can will remove the items from the list.

If you select the Done button it will offer up a "are you sure" page and ask you to confirm it by typing YES in the box provided.

post-16924-0-78270000-1430230941_thumb.png

You must be an Administrator to remove them.

The Quarantine and SuperDelete are two different things, Quarantine pertains to malware, PUPS etc that have been found on your machine.

The SuperDelete pertains to stubborn files/programs etc that will not delete through normal means (sometimes malware files can cause this and remain albeit it harmless if detected and Quarantined).