Sign in to follow this  
CrimsonCricket

Failed Version Update

On April 24, I noticed a message from SuperAntiSpyware about a new version being available.  But when I clicked it, it said no updates were available!  Was this some sort of error?  I ran several scans afterward, but found no indication of any virus or malware.

Unless another version is available, the latest version is 6.0.1186. The icon in the tray will tell you. If you don't have it, get the vesion from their web site

I have version 6.0.1186, but can't remember whether or not I had that version before I clicked the popup notification on my desktop.  Since that version was released on March 25, 2015, I'm wondering if this was an error or if it was a fake hiding a virus. 

Unless someone else chimes in, I wouldn't worry about it. You could always get another copy and install it.

Follow the instructions below, maybe something didn't work out properly:

Uninstall SAS via add/remove, follow instructions, and do a manual reboot of your computer. Download the SuperAntiSpyware uninstaller assistant. Go to Superantispyware website, click on support, on the heading that says Top Customer Issues and help click on the 1st link. Scroll down a bit and you will see two version of SuperAntispyware uninstaller assistant 32-bit and 64-bit. Download the correct tool that correspond to your Windows OS. If your Windows OS is 64-bit, download the 64-bit version of Superantispyware uninstaller assistant. Download that tool, manually run your computer in safe mode, and run that tool and follow the instructions.

After that download and install a fresh copy of Superantispyware and after it gets installed do a manual reboot of your computer.