sid

Help me! My PC got problem. I m newbie in spyware

Dear my friends out there..

I m still new in this IT world... Got some problem.While i m surfing the internet, suddenly i got a message pop up about the spyware. I already installed AVG, Ad Aware, Spybot and SAS... I already scan.

But the problem is,

(1)in my right side of the bottom task bar, its still popping the message

" Windows antivirus. Windows has detected spyware infection! It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss. Windows will now download and install the most uptodate antispyware for u. Click here to protect your computer from spyware!"

When i click it,, nothing appear,, but the mesage will appear again a few seconds later..

Its really irritating, try to restart, but its still appear..

Need help to kick out that message.

(2) Then, there will be a pop up "Windows Security Allert..Warning! Potential Spyware operation!Your computer is making unauthorised copies of your system and internet files. Run full scan now to prevent any unauthorised access to your files. Click here to download spyware remover.."

when i click 'yes'.. it will appear a website.. "https://sale.avsystemcare.com".. it appear their payment page, asking to buy their spyware product via credit card.. what the @*&*!!

Its still repeating after i do the full scan, restart again.. etc..

Help me, all that message disturbing me.

Thank you

Hi Sid

You are unfortunetly infected with a Renos/Fake alert trojan and if it is bypassing all those softwares then it is a new emerging variant.

1st off do not buy the software as it is fraudware and sold by the same folks that put the trojan on your machine :evil:

I would suggest submitting a support ticket here>>>

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

Leave a link to this topic and SAS HQ will probaly get you to run their inhouse tool inorder collect the *new* version of this trojan.At which point hopefully on the next update then SAS will remove this trojan for both you and any other SAS user's who encounter it :)

Thank u fatdcuk for the reply..

i just realised,that the link to "Control Panel" is missing in my start up menu. Where can i find it?

And sometime when i wanna click certain task (eg.. when i double click icon at the taskbar to remove my thumbdrive) its appear the pop up "Restriction: This operations has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"..

Anyway i had submit a ticket to the support.. and i really hppe that SAS can help me..

Thank you all

Hi Sid

Unfortunetly the infection would have locked down quite a few admin functions and other system setting/access inorder to make it harder to remove.

You will probaly find regedit and taskmanager unaccessable either :evil:

Give this app a try>>>

http://www.castlecops.com/modules/Forum ... le_206.zip

Extract file and run.If prompted to keep or remove , keep for now (then ok , continue) .

On the left will be a list of categories . One by one go to each category and check each box , click apply , uncheck each box , click apply and then move on to the next category .

Once all categories have been used to check and uncheck every option reboot your system and check to see if things have improved .

LMK if that does the trick :wink:

AVG is not a good anti-virus program, if you want a good (no, great) program then NOD32 is up there at the top, many say it's the best.

www.eset.com

I'm not connceted with it in any way.

AVG is a great antivirus when you think about its free..

I got good news!

first, i used NOD32 as suggested by Ian.. and, its working.. no more stupid message/pop up in my pc..

later, i used the zip file given by fatdcuk...follow all the instruction.. guess what,...i got my control panel back,everything is fine...

Yea yea.. i got my PC back!

Anyway. i believe that all AntiVirus had their own strength.. And i m still believe in SAS for their good support ..

Thank u to all of u..

AVG is not a good anti-virus program, if you want a good (no, great) program then NOD32 is up there at the top, many say it's the best.

www.eset.com

I'm not connceted with it in any way.

AVG is a great antivirus when you think about its free..

That may be so but it's detection rate is very poor, why use a freebie when it can / and does / cause grief to users who get infected.

nope, it's not worth it.

I use NOD32 and have not ever had an infection.

If 97,75% is very poor, then AVG is very poor ;)

the only thing that suck in AVG is the Retrospective/ProActive part.

But i agree with you NOD32 is a great antivirus, and if i should pay for an antivirus, NOD32 would be the first program i would try... but rigth now im happy with Avira Antivir

Between what I see my fellow security experts use and what I see detecting new malware at virustotal.com I would have to say that NOD32 , Kaspersky , BitDefender and Antivir are the best and most trusted .

My non test box is protected by SAS and Antivir .

When it comes to antispyware my favorites have dwindled down to SAS and CounterSpy .

About Antivir , their antirootkit abilities and heuristics are amazing . For free active protection there is nothing better , not even a close second .

About Antivir , their antirootkit abilities and heuristics are amazing . For free active protection there is nothing better , not even a close second .

Yes, awesome heuristics radar. Currently, I would give Avira the edge over Kaspersky 7.0. (And I love Kaspersky)