Sign in to follow this  
razordog

SAS Pro icon not showing in Systray

Every since I updated to the most current version(v.6.0.1170), occasionally the SAS icon will not show up in systray when I start my computer.  

It is not something I can reproduce(no known pattern) - but it does seem to happen more frequently lately. 

Using Win 7 and the paid version of SAS Pro.

post-40388-0-14923300-1423838589_thumb.png

Hi razordog,

I had a similar issue for a while, turned out to be a mixture of my AV and one of my services causing the conflict.

Does your system boot up quickly?

Hi GS,

Fairly quick

I have Kaspersky Pure 3.0 13.0.2.558 - usually starts right after SAS

but this problem only started after my update to the newest version of SAS 6.0.1170

(when it happens - it is not a game breaker - since it is occasional - just piqued my curiosity - and made me wonder if it will worsen down the road)

I had a sort of a similar issue with SAS last year on my desktop. SAS Pro does install but it won't show the GUI and the icon bar on the right hand corner doesn't show at all. Had a big hard mission to solve this one up, with thanks to Superantispyware support it was able to install and show up the GUI and also the icon bar.

Did you try to uninstall SAS via add/remove, do a manual reboot, and download SAS uninstall utility ( 32 bit/64 bit - download the correct one accordingly to your operating system) and run it in safe mode? Try doing that and after that install a fresh new copy of SAS and do a manual reboot. Try doing that, if it still doesn't help and can submit a support ticket to Superantispyware Support.