Sign in to follow this  
bobbyrae

Why prompt for update when I can't update?

For about the last two weeks, every time I go to run SAS, I get a popup prompt from the taskbar saying that a new version is available.  When I press the update button it goes through a few steps and then tells me that I already have the latest version.

why??? can this be fixed?

I am having the same issue, although the same thing has started happening with several pieces of software.  I am guessing it is a Windows issue but have not been able to find anything.  I came here hoping to find a solution (even though I do not believe it is specific to SAS).

Yes, I have the latest version.  And I did check the box that says "Check for newer versions".  But it is telling me that an upgrade is available when it IS NOT AVAILABLE.

I was having same thing, but I did need the upgrade, it's for firefox, which I don't use, but it's upgraded now ,and I'm not getting the popups.

I am guessing it is a Windows issue but have not been able to find anything.  I came here hoping to find a solution (even though I do not believe it is specific to SAS).