ProTruckDriver

Automatically Quarantine Detected Items

I'm running the Free Version of V.6 now and will be switching to the Pro Version.

Where is the setting for "Automatically Quarantine Detected Items" located in version 6?

I would like to disable this setting so I can see the Item detected and I have a choice to put it in quarantine.

Go to home page and look for Quarantine.  At the bottom left of page uncheck the box that says Automatically delete,

Hope this is what you are works for you.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis, but that's not it. :) That deletes the threats already in quarantine. What I am looking for is when SAS is in real-time and detects a threat it will not put that threat in quarantine automatically. SAS would show the threat, but I would have to OK it to quarantine. This setting helps if SAS puts out a False Positive, that FP will not be put into quarantine.

Have you look at Scan Logs on the home page?

Toggle on the magnifying glass and it shows all the threats and cookies that were produced by your last scan.

There is a box(mine is checked) to omit items from Investigator Logs.  Not sure if that has anything to do with your issue as I just trying to help out and learn along the way myself.

Dennis

Hi PTD,

In order to achieve what you ask there is no button/check box to select, instead when an item is detected FP or otherwise you can review those object(s) and select either the X to remove or the Thumbs Up to Trust an item.

In the Detected/Scan Logs section you can always restore items if needed and auto delete of files can be kept as default 30 days or set to however long or short you choose.

If you like to test it out then make sure your browser will accept cookies and you'll see from there, alternatively, you could swith off your AV and download/create an Eicar test virus and test things from there to get some understanding.

Was going to have "P" send you a PM as I was really reaching my limit on helping him.

Have always gotten help from GS when I get in trouble and you have always been there.

Dennis

Thank you GS for the post. :)

Btw: SAS was the ONLY security software to detect and remove the PUP (Coupon Printer) on my computer. Kudo's SAS!  :D

ProTruckDriver,

The setting you are looking for is only available on scheduled scans, as SAS will always prompt you to remove threats found on a manually initiated scan. 

Scheduled Scanning > The gear icon for an individual scheduled scan > Automatically quarantine and remove threats.