DraigUK

Why am I paying for SAS to fail to detect hundreds of threats and Adware?

I've used SAS for many years, free edition.

I recently decided to pay for it as I thought it was a good and reliable system and installed it on my PC and on 2 other PC in my household. My daughters and my sons PC, and to thank SAS for several years of free use.

I recently allowed my wife to use my PC to do shopping for Christmas and in the sales etc.

I started getting loads of pop ups and adverts so ran SAS which found next to nothing. The adverts still kept coming. I searched for other products and info to see of they could help.

I was told to try MBAM and Spyhunter 4. Both are seemingly free just like SAS is, with reduced functionality. Results speak for themselves. Attached is a screenshot of my PC that shows :_

SAS  - 21 items found

MBAM - 91 items found

Spyhunter 4 - 723 items found!!! This is hundreds and hundreds of items found that SAS failed to do so, and also, it found the ones causing the adverts to pop up everywhere AND removed them, but of course I had to pay for it. 

Why am I paying for SAS? Can I get a refund for this poor product?

Spyware_zps287d1587.jpg

Hi DraigUK

SAS and MBAM do look for different things slightly so second opinions are always good to have, as to why those things arent being detected by SAS you would have to wait until a member of the team can answer (its the holidays so may take a few days)

Spyware hunter is Rogue software or Scareware due to its nature of performance you should really stay away from that product.

Hi DraigUK

SAS and MBAM do look for different things slightly so second opinions are always good to have, as to why those things arent being detected by SAS you would have to wait until a member of the team can answer (its the holidays so may take a few days)

Spyware hunter is Rogue software or Scareware due to its nature of performance you should really stay away from that product.

I agree entirely with GuiltySpark.

SpyHunter should be avoided at all costs. Have a read here http://antivirus.about.com/b/2004/05/05/spyhunter-ad-campaign-an-enigma.htm

I think that point here is that ads are NOT spyware, so don't expect SAS to find ads and eliminate popups.  There may be options in your browser that will stop the popups - I have Avant  and it does that.