dmedici

Difference between Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware

I need an honest and straightforward answer to a simple question: what is the difference between Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware? Do they scan for different things? What is the difference between spyware and malware? Are there some things that Malwarebytes finds that SuperAntiSpyware can't, and vice versa? I'm just looking for a little clarity. Thanks.

I need an honest and straightforward answer to a simple question: what is the difference between Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and SuperAntiSpyware? Do they scan for different things? What is the difference between spyware and malware? Are there some things that Malwarebytes finds that SuperAntiSpyware can't, and vice versa? I'm just looking for a little clarity. Thanks.

Hi dmedici

To get a detailed answer to the difference between SAS and MBAM you would have to speak to the dev team as "under the hood" no doubt there will be quite a few.

Yes they will scan for slightly different things based on design and engine used.

There is no difference between Spyware and Malware as malware is just a generic term encompassing all nasties.

@GuiltySpark: Thank you for the reply. If you don't mind, would it be fair to say that SAS and MBAM do "essentially" the same thing but that they do it differently, target the same kind of malware, but may have different detection rates? Would you recommend to a user desiring best results that he should run both SAS and MBAM on his PC?

@GuiltySpark: Thank you for the reply. If you don't mind, would it be fair to say that SAS and MBAM do "essentially" the same thing but that they do it differently, target the same kind of malware, but may have different detection rates? Would you recommend to a user desiring best results that he should run both SAS and MBAM on his PC?

Yes (kind of) and Yes :)