Sign in to follow this  
DaveHorne

delta-homes hijacked my browers and SAS didn't help

After spending about 30 minutes with this annoying delta-homes intrusion, I searched online and installed AdwCleaner which not only was free, it worked. I did try a full SAS scan, it didn't remove this delta-homes intruder.

I searched here for delta-homes ... saw only one post and the suggestion was to click remove PUP's in program options (or something like that).

I'm using the latest version of SAS (6.0.1.1164 database version 11652, 12/10/2104), and I looked through all the menus. Where is this option? Why wasn't this detected?

Thanks, Dave Horne

After spending about 30 minutes with this annoying delta-homes intrusion, I searched online and installed AdwCleaner which not only was free, it worked. I did try a full SAS scan, it didn't remove this delta-homes intruder.

I searched here for delta-homes ... saw only one post and the suggestion was to click remove PUP's in program options (or something like that).

I'm using the latest version of SAS (6.0.1.1164 database version 11652, 12/10/2104), and I looked through all the menus. Where is this option? Why wasn't this detected?

Thanks, Dave Horne

In System Tools --- Uninstall Unwanted Programs.

Thanks for the information. 

Would there have been any way for SAS to have prevented this 'delta-homes' intrusion to begin with? 

The Pro version may or may not block it, if it is in the definitions database (of which I don't know). If they don't have a sample of it then the definitions can't be written.

I'm using the Pro \ Lifetime version of SAS.  If this delta-homes threat is new to SAS, you can easily install it by Googling delta-homes.

I'm disappointed that I had to install yet another program to deal with what SAS exclusively deals with.