jayt

First Chance Prevention insists on running

When running SAS Pro, I take the check mark out of First Chance Prevention because if I don't every time Vista wakes SAS wants to check for new updates and to run. Even though I take the check mark out, SAS puts it back in again. How can I make this option stick?

When running SAS Pro, I take the check mark out of First Chance Prevention because if I don't every time Vista wakes SAS wants to check for new updates and to run. Even though I take the check mark out, SAS puts it back in again. How can I make this option stick?

First Chance Prevention has nothing to do with the updater - uncheck the Check for Updates option on the General/Startup tab.

I have the same problem with Vista Home Premium. I don't have any of the update options checked, I have "do not scan when SAS starts up" checked, but no matter how many times I uncheck First Chance Prevention, it re-enables itself with each start up. It's annoying. How do we prevent that from happening? I really do not want it to run at start up or shut down.

I have the same problem with Vista Home Premium. I don't have any of the update options checked, I have "do not scan when SAS starts up" checked, but no matter how many times I uncheck First Chance Prevention, it re-enables itself with each start up. It's annoying. How do we prevent that from happening? I really do not want it to run at start up or shut down.

There is NO First Chance Prevention under Vista - no matter how you set the checks, there are no more Winlogon handlers in Vista.