Sign in to follow this  
Flak999

CouponPrinter.ocx flagged as pup

Seems strange! I have had this software on my machine for over a year and it's never been flagged before! Why is SAS the only scanner that flags this at virus total?

Not sure, but a member of the Malware team will pop up at some point and check it out, then give you their viewing of it and if need be adjust the definition files. But wait until they've replied :)

Hello Flak999,

We consider Coupon Printer a Potentially Unwanted Program or PUP. These kind of programs are usually not malicious however they generally get installed without the user's consent, often bundled with free software.

Components of PUPs are not marked as critical threats by SAS, nor are they removed automatically. We simply inform the user that there is a program on their system that may be unwanted and let them take action.

SUPERAntiSpyware should be able to uninstall Coupon Printer through System Tools->Uninstall Unwanted Programs, or by checking the pre-scan action 'Scan for frequently unwanted programs' and running a scan.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns,

Gabe Burch

Primary Malware Researcher

SUPERAntiSpyware

Thanks for the information, however I actually installed coupon printer myself over a year ago to, well, print coupons!

It surprises me that I have run SAS for a long time and it only now suddenly considers this software a PUP where it didn't before! I assume I can tell SAS that I wish to keep this software and to ignore it in further scans?