Sign in to follow this  
no_inspiration

( SOLVED ) So... Now it's "CrossRider"; another PUP!

First I had this annoying MyPCBackUp-PUP on my computer. After all it could be removed by doing a desk cleaning and a detection with MB A-MW. (Thank you, GuiltySpark!)

But meanwhile it detected another PUP, called "CrossRider". After this desk cleaning, after scanning and removing it several times, even after using CCleaner... It's still not gone! It's one document, in my roaming folder.

This PUP doesn't have a pop-up content so far, but still it's better to have no PUP at your pc at all.

So now we're trying to find a way to remove this one; and I made a new topic for it.

(Now I'm "afraid" to download any more software, because there is so much which includes PUP!)

Click Start Orb.

In the Start menu Search bar type;

C:\Users\Lynn\Appdata\

You should see a list at the top of the start menu with Local, LocalLow, Roaming.

Right click Roaming and select "Open Folder Location".

Then look through the Roaming folder for any instance of CrossRider.

I found the file thanks to MB A-MW. I deleted "prefs.js" because I thought that would do it because it was the last name in the file. It was in the folder "j5mbu2e2.default".

But after another scan, it said it's still not deleted.....! :x

Maybe I shoud delete the whole folder? It includes another folder with "mozilla" if I'm not mistaken, and other ones. I'm a little "afraid" to remove it.

That prefs.js is a part of the Mozilla profile, you must have some add-on installed in FireFox causing these issues.

Go into the Help option of FireFox tab and select Troubleshooting Information --- on the right hand side top of the page select Reset FireFox.

This method will set Mozilla back to defaults and any themes etc you have installed will have to be re-installed.