munckman

Updating

Hi Nick,

Prior to version 3.1.1010, the update button on the Main Menu was strictly for definitions and the update button on Control Center was for the program itself. This is way too difficult for me.:lol: Is it possible to have one button to update everything in one shot? I'm not sure if this is the same for 1010.

In version 3.1.1010 things appear to be the same as far as manually updating goes. It has nice additional options for auto updating but I don't use them.

Main Menu has definition info listed but not program version. Again it is way too difficult for me to open preferences to find the Program version number in the help tab. Could it be possible to have all program info and one update button next to it on the first window that is opened from the Start Menu?

Is it also possible to have "What's running on your computer" available from Main menu or Control Center because I don't have the SAS icon in the systray. Whats running is an extremely handy little feature! The update from the system tray menu appears to only update program and not the defs according to the Help.

Keep up the good work! It's good that SAS has it's own forum.

The Right-Click menu update does check for both rules and program updates. If the help says otherwise, I will correct it in the next release. The other suggestions are great ideas and I will implement them in our next release!

Thanks for taking the time to post your ideas.

-Nick

Main Menu has definition info listed but not program version. Again it is way too difficult for me to open preferences to find the Program version number in the help tab. Could it be possible to have all program info and one update button next to it on the first window that is opened from the Start Menu?

I agree with this :)

A question I have is that does SUPERAntiSpyware update iteself when a upgrade is available or do we have to manually go to the site and download the new version?

SUPERAntiSpyware has an auto-update application built-in (SSUPDATE.EXE). When an update is available, you will be notified when you check, then you can click the "Download and Install" option and the update will automatically be downloaded and installed. There is no need to uinstall and re-install.

-Nick