Sign in to follow this  
Ultra Male

Fix this stupid updater!

Ever since the update to SAS v6 and this program has gone downhill when it comes to updates. I have the latest version yet everytime I start SAS it tells me there is a upgrade update, so I hit update then it says no update......what the hell is this! someone fix this mess!

MaXimus I believe this is a bug and I think it's affecting a very few users. I to have the latest version of SAS Pro 6.0.1158 and I don't see that popup on my system. Your best chance to fix this up is to create support ticket via here www.superantispyware.com/precreateticket.html

The SASCore service is the only service that will give you software update notification every time you runs SAS. So my bet is to allow SAS core service start and set it to automatically and there will be no software update message every time you runs SAS. I tried it and I found out that when I disable the service it will give me software update message every time I runs SAS, and after that I switch it back to automatically and start the service it no longer give me software update.

Go to service > SASCore server > Start and set it to start automatically.

The SASCore service is the only service that will give you software update notification every time you runs SAS. So my bet is to allow SAS core service start and set it to automatically and there will be no software update message every time you runs SAS. I tried it and I found out that when I disable the service it will give me software update message every time I runs SAS, and after that I switch it back to automatically and start the service it no longer give me software update.

Go to service > SASCore server > Start and set it to start automatically.

I`ve always disabled it and never had an issue. I certainly don't need it to be running when all I use is the free version of SAS. Don't need to waste a single resource on my computer.

Time to look for a SAS alternative, this is the buggiest app I've ever installed on a computer

Just take a look at this issue which everyone is ignoring, without deleting these 3 reg entries mentiond in the post, you WILL have random explorer.exe crashes.....

https://forums.superantispyware.com/index.php?/topic/7755-explorer-crash-on-right-click/

Yet, even after posting the solution, noone has responded.

After deleting those 3 entries, I never had a single explorer crash.

I have always experienced this problem with previous versions as well. my bet is to allow SAS core service start and set it to automatically and there will be no software update message every time you runs SAS. 

All versions of SAS require the core service to be running. Disabling it will cause the program to run abnormally in many situations. It's erroneous to disable a component of a software package and then declare it buggy as a result. We have stated many times on this forum - "Do not disable the core service".  

I have SAS Free v 6.0.1158

Same problem as MaXimus and kayslover.

Never had this happening before.

I can live with it but it's SUPER annoying.

So, what is the problem?

JohnnyCool,

The problem in these cases were that the core service was disabled. Have you verified that your core service has not been disabled?

Ever since I installed the current cersion (6.0.1158), I have never manually disabled SAS Core Service. Why would I want to? and yet people are pointing to this service being disabled.

Anyway, my SAS Core Service is not disabled, it is set to Automatic, and I am getting this very annoying pop up numerious times a day.