Sign in to follow this  
gloglo

(SOLVED) utorrent and Trojan.Agent Gen-Swrort

Hi all,

SAS ran it's sheduled scan on my machine this morning and flagged and quarantined my Utorrent client (1.6.1) as being Trojan.Agent Gen-Swrort.

I downloaded a fresh Utorrent and SAS quarantined that the same second the install completed.

I can not report it as a false positive as there is no option to do that at the right hand side of the notification that I can see.

I have the non-premium version of SAS installed on a different machine and there is  no issue with utorrent/SAS on that machine.

I would like to assume that SAS is flagging utorrent as a false positive but if anyone could give me some feedback on this issue it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ps,I scanned the quarantined fles with AVG,SpyBot and MBAM and they all gave them a clean bill of health.

Hello gloglo,

I have done some investigating and I believe that this is a false positive. I have adjusted the definition database and µTorrent should no longer be detected as of database version 11532 which should be published within the next few hours.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem, or if you have any other questions or comments.

SUPERAntiSpyware Malware Research

Hi,

that update appears to have resolved the issue.

Thank you very much for such a quick and satisfactory response.