Sign in to follow this  
Dragracer2000

SUPERAntispyware Pro install

Since I've installed the latest update V6.0.XXXX, my computer is blocking it on startup (UAC). Microsoft Vista SP2. Also when I OK the program to start, it goes in my tray at the lower right of the sreen like it always did but you can't open it from the tray. I don't know if the real time protection is working. I tried the alternate start using the DOS option but I still have trouble doing anything from the tray icon. I've uninstalled it several times and re-installed but always the same. It worked fine for the last 2 years until I went to the v6.0.XXXX. Any suggestions to fix it?

Hello Dragracer2000. 1st of all did you use the SuperAntiSpyware uninstallation utility, if yes and it still didn't work. It may have to do with the problem that I faced on my Windows 7 desktop. The problem that you are now facing I had a similar problem on my Windows 7 desktop pc. It had the last version of SAS Free 5.6 version I then went on to install the very 1st version of 6.0. It gets installed as usual and put an icon in the system tray like every other SAS version, but it won't open up. I did uninstallation and reinstallation nothing happen same thing as before it simply won't open up. So I thought it might been an installation error from an upgrade to 5.7 to 6.0. So I ran the SuperAntiSpyware uninstallation utility/removal tool in safe mode and went on to install the 6.0. Same thing happen it gets installed but it simply won't start it up.

I highly recommended you to send an support ticket to SAS. As for me I got support from SAS and they helped me out and finally I was able to install SAS version 6 on my desktop.

Sorry to be so slow getting back to you, but it seems to have straightened itself out over the weekend. The only thing that still bugs me is that the program gets blocked on startup and I have to allow the blocked program to run when it didn't use to do that. I can live with that if I have to. The program seems to be doing what it's supposed to once it's open and in the tray. I can right click and get the menu now to update or scan other then the scheduled scans.

I don't know why the program gets blocked on startup and you have to allow the blocked program to run. Sorry, I can't help you on this one. My suggestion for you is to do what GuiltySpark mentioned, perhaps he can help you out. Second option for you is to contact SAS support and fill up a support ticket.