Sign in to follow this  
lightwolf34

(SOLVED) new update says Adware.AddLyrics/Variant in trusted files false postive?

After todays update when i scanned it found somewthing called Adware.AddLyrics/Variant in:

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\KEYSCRAMBLER\UNINSTALL.EXE

C:\PROGRAMDATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\KEYSCRAMBLER\UNINSTALL KEYSCRAMBLER.LNK
F:\TEAMSPEAK 3\UNINSTALL.EXE

All these programs I've been using for years and it's not untill this new update it came as potensial unwanted programs.I'Have scanned with both Awast and malwarebytes without finding anything so I'm wondering if this is falses positives or not.

This does look like a bodged definition, I'm sure the Malware team will be working on it and adjusting the next batch of definition updates to correct the issue.

After todays update when i scanned it found somewthing called Adware.AddLyrics/Variant in:

C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\KEYSCRAMBLER\UNINSTALL.EXE

C:\PROGRAMDATA\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\START MENU\PROGRAMS\KEYSCRAMBLER\UNINSTALL KEYSCRAMBLER.LNK
F:\TEAMSPEAK 3\UNINSTALL.EXE

All these programs I've been using for years and it's not untill this new update it came as potensial unwanted programs.I'Have scanned with both Awast and malwarebytes without finding anything so I'm wondering if this is falses positives or not.

I posted earlier today in this forum in detail a similar issue!  Clearly there is something with the  last update virus definitions causing this. Hopefully one of the SAS team will either respond to your post or mine to confirm FP and to resolve the issue in a future update. - Howie:)

This does look like a bodged definition, I'm sure the Malware team will be working on it and adjusting the next batch of definition updates to correct the issue.

I totally agree with you - I posted a detailed log today in this forum of all programs that I know have been fine for a long time yet since last night are reported as threats by SAS. It would be nice if the team can confirm that they are aware of the issue and will resolve it in a future update. This is the first major problem I have had with SAS which I have used for years - Howie:)