Seth

MyWebSearch.

Nick or Pandato,

As you know, SAS flags MWS but leaves it unchecked by default. I believe I'm correct in suggesting this is done as MWS is low risk and some end users may enjoy it. It's also a necessary component of some free applications that the end user may want to keep.

With that being said, what's the "official" response? :)

Nick or Pandato,

As you know, SAS flags MWS but leaves it unchecked by default. I believe I'm correct in suggesting this is done as MWS is low risk and some end users may enjoy it. It's also a necessary component of some free applications that the end user may want to keep.

It has had a sorted reputation in the past, and many products detect it, but some users may wish to keep it, so we do leave it unchecked by default.

Nick or Pandato,

It has had a sorted reputation in the past, and many products detect it, but some users may wish to keep it, so we do leave it unchecked by default.

Thanks Nick. That's exactly what I thought.