MyLongTastyPickle

SAS Version?

Okay, My SuperAntiSpyware Free Edition Version is 6.0.1130 and then I click check for update is say 1)Authenticating Connection = Complete green check mark 2)Check for Definition Updates = Complete green check mark and Definitions are Up To Date = Complete green check mark . However, when I go to website it say SAS Version : 6.0.1146, so how come the check for update doesn't update my SAS version?

Try this it might work.

1) Uninstall SAS via add/remove and do a manual restart.

2) After restart, download this tool via here. Go to superantispyware website click on support, and under the heading "Top Customer issues and help" click on the 1st link. Scroll down and you will see a tool called SuperAntiSpyware Uninstaller Assistant one fore 32-bit and 64-bit. Download the tool for your operating system. Run that tool in safe mode.

3) After that download and install a fresh copy of SAS Free. Once installed and it installed the latest version of the malware definitions. Manually restart your computer.

Do I have to do this everytime there is a program update? I mean seriously so the update settings is just for definitions update not both definition + program update? Also, why I have to download uninstall tools were I just gonna uninstall directly from add/remove and after that reinstall new one?

In rare occasions and very few have faced issues when updating to a new version of SAS for the very 1st time. Like upgrading SAS 5.7 to SAS 6.0 at my desktop I had a hard time installing 6.0 which I didn't restart after uninstalling 5.7 which may left some SAS drivers or files to not get deleted properly. It's not just SAS which has this sorts of issues even antivirus software has this issue where left over files from previous versions can interfere or not let the new version install properly or even install properly but causes some errors to come up and etc etc. So using it's uninstaller utility deletes all the previous version files and programs so the new version can be installed properly.

For example when you first uninstall SAS 5.7 and restart and use it's uninstaller utility and then download and install a fresh new copy of SAS 6.0 you are less likely to face a issue. So when an upgrade comes up of SAS 6.1 you don't have to use it's uninstaller utility you can simply upgrade it's program using it's own updater utility.

In your current situation all I can say is that the updating program didn't work properly or something went wrong. So I suggest you do what I wrote in my 1st comment.

MLTP,

My version is the same as yours I don't think the update servers have gone live yet but the definitions are the same which is the important thing. By default the version listed on the website has always been slightly ahead of the internal updater.

You can use bigfan_24's method if you feel you are in a hurry for it (I'm not as it will update eventually). But for piece of mind.....

MLTP,

Feel free to wait for an update to your SAS Free it will eventually come just like GuiltySpark mentioned. It takes some time for the update to come to you. As of late there many/few new versions of SAS products that came up on the SAS website (only minor updates, not major ones). It's just minor bugs that many users have reported including me.

Okay, how long am I going to wait for the SAS 6.0.1146? I just did check for update today and it say no update available and I also try disable core service to let SAS check for new products update and yet none and I also did submit ticket about this issue on Saturday around 7 - 8PM and yet today is Sunday 8 - 9PM that is when the time I log in to my pc and check for the mail and yet NO RESPOND FROM THEM? AND ON THE WEBSITE IS SAY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR 24HOUR TO  GET RESPOND FROM THEM AND WHERE IS THE RESPOND FROM MY TICKET?! I am using SAS Version 6.0.1130 with Database 11503. Also, if I have to do uninstalling and installing steps when the new SAS version become available ,I think I will pass with that because I don't have time for that and I thought the update is supposed to check for new database and new product update. But no just only the database.

Trying wait till next week! If the 6.0.1146 update doesn't come up you should follow my 1st comment that I posted here. I currently have the very latest version of SAS Pro and when a new version comes up it normally takes between couple of days or a bit more ( at least a week max) for the pop up message at the bottom right hand corner saying an upgrade to SAS product is available. The pop up message immediately comes up when ever I turn on my laptop or even a random times do a manual restart.

I sometimes go to SAS website to check if there's any new version of SAS available even before the pop up message come up! Sometimes it keeps me ahead of the SAS updates!

A week for that? That **** is too long bro, also why they don't respond or replied a message on my ticket?! I been waiting for 48 hours yet no respond from them and on the website it say only 24 hours!

Like I said before if you don't want to wait for a week for the 6.0.1146 to come up. I suggest you to do the method mentioned in my 1st comment. It will only take you few minutes to do that.

/Topic close, I receive my update and the installing went smooth no trouble at all! Thanks for @bigfan_24 and @GuiltySpark for helping me out!

P.S: Why the **** does it take so long for me to receive this update?

It all depends up the updater server and the region that we are in. Every region gets it's update at different times and days. If the SAS update server gives the updates all at once in all region the update server will crash and cause problems.

Glad it went all well for you and your welcome

Okay, how long am I going to wait for the SAS 6.0.1146? I just did check for update today and it say no update available and I also try disable core service to let SAS check for new products update and yet none and I also did submit ticket about this issue on Saturday around 7 - 8PM and yet today is Sunday 8 - 9PM that is when the time I log in to my pc and check for the mail and yet NO RESPOND FROM THEM? AND ON THE WEBSITE IS SAY I HAVE TO WAIT FOR 24HOUR TO  GET RESPOND FROM THEM AND WHERE IS THE RESPOND FROM MY TICKET?! I am using SAS Version 6.0.1130 with Database 11503. Also, if I have to do uninstalling and installing steps when the new SAS version become available ,I think I will pass with that because I don't have time for that and I thought the update is supposed to check for new database and new product update. But no just only the database.

If you want build 1146 why not just download it from the site and install it over the top of build 1130.

It's what I did and have had no problems. Thinking about it the last time I did a clean install was for v5.7, every subsequent update has been installed over the top of that.